Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venting so bear with me -

I made the mistake of trying to read all of the Charger thread on Allpar's website and after the first page I thought perhaps I shall see just how many pages there are before I get too far into it. So I clicked on the button for the last post and bamm 5000 posts since May of this year??? Sheesh. So is anyone here involved in that thread? Could you give me a summary? Or is there so much chatter and information being tossed around that it is difficult to say what is going on.

After reading back 5 pages (from 251) I have come to the conclusion that someone is definitely getting paid some bucks to confuse the ever living sh!t out of the Mopar enthusiasts because the way it sounds no one knows much about the real deal. To me it sounds like not a soul that isn't in the loop has any real information on this car. Not a soul who has seen the "Charger" and is not in the loop knows that it really is the car. Not many people really can hash through all of the chatter to get anything meaningful out of the rumors, pictures, and miscellanous information that has spewed forth onto the Mopar community about the Charger. I am about as confused today as I was when I started researching the Charger. Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I all alone here?

I am going out on a limb here to say that these "credible" pictures and eye witness accounts of the Infamous Charger are probably ment to confuse and distract us from the real car (or so I hope). I am sure that the car looks awesome in person for those who are in the loop and have seen the real deal. But I myself need to see better pictures (1024x768 preferably) to be convinced that the car is awesome. Heck a test drive would do wonders to ease the anxiety but that will have to wait. Perhaps I shall try to reserve judgement until some more credible patent sketches or blueprints are produced instead of the tons and tons of photochopped images that are so widely being thrown around the net. So until then I shall try to keep my negative thoughts of the boxy car to myself (I said try).

Here is a comforting picture:

·
Registered
94 Posts
GT Neon said:
After reading back 5 pages (from 251) I have come to the conclusion that someone is definitely getting paid some bucks to confuse the ever living sh!t out of the Mopar enthusiasts because the way it sounds no one knows much about the real deal. To me it sounds like not a soul that isn't in the loop has any real information on this car. Not a soul who has seen the "Charger" and is not in the loop knows that it really is the car. Not many people really can hash through all of the chatter to get anything meaningful out of the rumors, pictures, and miscellanous information that has spewed forth onto the Mopar community about the Charger. I am about as confused today as I was when I started researching the Charger. Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I all alone here?
There's a lot of real information in there. There's also a lot of disinformation, as well as discussion and musing on the real information, as well as random baloney posts from random baloney posters. Charger is a difficult puzzle. Some smart people are working to try to put it together, but they (we) are to a certain extent being manipulated not only by official DCX but by maybe-disgruntled folks with axes to grind.

The idea of creating a summary of what the Allpar regulars think we know about Charger is being discussed... stay tuned. Meanwhile, remember that that thread is a DISCUSSION, not a public information resource.... by all means wade in to the conversation if you're so inclined.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
georgejetson said:
There's a lot of real information in there. There's also a lot of disinformation, as well as discussion and musing on the real information, as well as random baloney posts from random baloney posters. Charger is a difficult puzzle. Some smart people are working to try to put it together, but they (we) are to a certain extent being manipulated not only by official DCX but by maybe-disgruntled folks with axes to grind.
It seems though that the real information in there is buried in with the bull. I am "trying" to stay cool to keep the faith that the Charger will not be a cross over vehicle.

georgejetson said:
The idea of creating a summary of what the Allpar regulars think we know about Charger is being discussed... stay tuned.
Is it being discussed here among this group?

georgejetson said:
Meanwhile, remember that that thread is a DISCUSSION, not a public information resource.... by all means wade in to the conversation if you're so inclined.
I would think that if I was going to get in on it I would need to get the abridged version to hash through it to get up to speed. It seems a tad overwhelming to try to skim through it all to get the information. Wading? More like jumping into the deep end :)

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
94 Posts
GT Neon said:
It seems though that the real information in there is buried in with the bull. I am "trying" to stay cool to keep the faith that the Charger will not be a cross over vehicle.
If you go back to about Wednesday of last week and skim from there, you'll have probably 80% of everything worth knowing out of that thread, maybe more. You'll pick up pretty quickly who the alleged insiders are, who the serious posters are, and who the baloneymeisters are.

GT Neon said:
Is it being discussed here among this group?
It's being discussed over at Allpar on the "Charger for Dummies" thread in News and Rumors. By all means wander in and offer observations on the ideas being proposed if you like.

GT Neon said:
I would think that if I was going to get in on it I would need to get the abridged version to hash through it to get up to speed. It seems a tad overwhelming to try to skim through it all to get the information. Wading? More like jumping into the deep end :)
"Loony bin" is probably a more apt term, but it's fun, after a fashion. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
PS: I'm comfortable saying that it won't be a crossover. It'll either be a somewhat sporting looking RWD/AWD four-door Intrepid successor with one or two serious performance packages available (see the most recent issue of Car and Driver), or it'll be a shorter-wheelbase coupe that's more directly targeted at GTO, etc. The bulk of the evidence points at the former possibility, but there's enough dissenting info (and talk of a DCX disinfo campaign) to keep the other theory alive.

(We do know that the C&D car exists -- a spy shot surfaced a couple of days ago. What we don't know is whether that car will be called Charger or whether there's something else -- something more secret -- also in the works. There's evidence both ways.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm becoming more convinced that sleeper is right: we'll be treated to a two door Charger in January. The four door car is nothing but the 'trep replacement despite the protesting heard from the BAP workers who have built small runs of the sedan so far.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I finally got through reading all of the posts from Wednesday to tonight and all I gotta say is man those guys need to get away from that thread because it seems to be an obsession. They are debating and arguing over facts, rumors, and lies and prejudging blurry spy pics of a cammoed car and a NASCAR stock car pic, which we all know looks just like the real street cars. There is one thing to be certain about the Charger(s) that come out next year not everyone is going to be happy and people will still complain how it doesn't look and feel like a Charger should. What ever comes out over the course of the next year that looks good to me, handles well & sounds good, and fits my needs regardless of what it is called will determine what I buy in 2006. I have to wait until the 2007MY before I can buy something because the budget doesn't look so good for next year with buying or leasing a Minivan this October and having a baby next April. Oh well atleast I can sit back, make a decision on what to get after all of the new LX cars hit the market after the demand has time to level off, and some of the bugs worked out if any exist.

Later

·
Registered
40 Posts
PR and disinformation are in the same office.

Badging the car on the assembly line is the answer for Brampton.

Can they build another LX vehicle at another plant south of the border?

Can Dodge rebadge a Vito?

As HD promise, pics will come forth soon.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How soon....the suspense is killing me.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts