Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of the SRT-8 crowd has missed this so I am posting it here for everyone to see.

October 13, 2007, POWER PORTED PERFORMANCE:

I know that MANY will dispute, debate, mis-inform, and make excuses as to this being a New World Record or that it was motor only. Someone will eventually beat this record and unequivocally prove that its possible (maybe even next week), BUT IT CANNOT BE DENIED. IT DID HAPPEN.

It happened naturally aspirated, in an all engine, PPP 426 stroker. YES; it did happen on Drag Radials. YES; it did happen by removing the passenger seat, rear seat, and rear back rests, and with an empty trunk. Anyone reaching the 11's on all motor will have to do the same thing. Although I am now very suspicious that it may not be entirely the weight reduction as much as it is the weight distribution; more will need to be looked into to to prove this out. See our other thread on this topic.

I can say that having dragged raced off and on now for 22 years; last night was the most rewarding night (or day for that matter) I have ever had running the 1/4 mile. Since purchasing my first 300c SRT-8, to modding my second one into a 426, I have been striving to create combinations that work well and consistently; while being an innovator and then passing the knowledge and PPP developed aftermarket products on to our LX community. It has not been easy. Those that have been around for the last 2+ years are aware of what's been put into PPP development efforts and can attest to our sincere and honest passion and desire to push our LX platform to faster and faster affordable performance milestones.

So let me get to some of the good stuff.

The event was the Midnight Madness at St. Louis's Gateway International Raceway. The temperature was perfect for our cars. Ground temperature was 57 degrees almost the entire night, (but I am using NOAA numbers to keep the NAY sayers at bay) and this was validated with a weather station at the track. At the Midnight Madness event the tree goes right from staged second yellow light to green, so you don't have the regular Christmas tree. Also they were not posting end of run times on the lighted boards at the end of the track. You got your time when you circled back to the time slip booth.

The run felt good with about a 1/4 to 1/2 tire rotation worth of wheel spin/chirp off the line after a good burnout, then she hooked right up and ran like a PPP car can and will. (sorry, couldn't resist :nervous s )

Here is the Weather information; the real ground temperature was 57 degrees,

Here is the Density Altitude Calculation using the weather information above.

Here is the Density Altitude Calculator correction using the true ground temperature of 57 degrees.

So the numbers are basically a range of -181 DA up to 420 DA depending on how you look at it.

And for the slip you've all been waiting for:

You can believe now that PPP is even more motivated to get into the 10's naturally aspirated on just motor alone. More to come...

Jeremy S.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wish I would have been able to see you run. I spent all night in the staging lanes. Great times though and it was good talking to you.

Alan

·
Banned
206 Posts
Many of the SRT-8 crowd has missed this so I am posting it here for everyone to see.

October 13, 2007, POWER PORTED PERFORMANCE:

I know that MANY will dispute, debate, mis-inform, and make excuses as to this being a New World Record or that it was motor only. Someone will eventually beat this record and unequivocally prove that its possible (maybe even next week), BUT IT CANNOT BE DENIED. IT DID HAPPEN.

It happened naturally aspirated, in an all engine, PPP 426 stroker. YES; it did happen on Drag Radials. YES; it did happen by removing the passenger seat, rear seat, and rear back rests, and with an empty trunk. Anyone reaching the 11's on all motor will have to do the same thing. Although I am now very suspicious that it may not be entirely the weight reduction as much as it is the weight distribution; more will need to be looked into to to prove this out. See our other thread on this topic.

I can say that having dragged raced off and on now for 22 years; last night was the most rewarding night (or day for that matter) I have ever had running the 1/4 mile. Since purchasing my first 300c SRT-8, to modding my second one into a 426, I have been striving to create combinations that work well and consistently; while being an innovator and then passing the knowledge and PPP developed aftermarket products on to our LX community. It has not been easy. Those that have been around for the last 2+ years are aware of what's been put into PPP development efforts and can attest to our sincere and honest passion and desire to push our LX platform to faster and faster affordable performance milestones.

So let me get to some of the good stuff.

The event was the Midnight Madness at St. Louis's Gateway International Raceway. The temperature was perfect for our cars. Ground temperature was 57 degrees almost the entire night, (but I am using NOAA numbers to keep the NAY sayers at bay) and this was validated with a weather station at the track. At the Midnight Madness event the tree goes right from staged second yellow light to green, so you don't have the regular Christmas tree. Also they were not posting end of run times on the lighted boards at the end of the track. You got your time when you circled back to the time slip booth.

The run felt good with about a 1/4 to 1/2 tire rotation worth of wheel spin/chirp off the line after a good burnout, then she hooked right up and ran like a PPP car can and will. (sorry, couldn't resist :nervous s )

Here is the Weather information; the real ground temperature was 57 degrees,

Here is the Density Altitude Calculation using the weather information above.

Here is the Density Altitude Calculator correction using the true ground temperature of 57 degrees.

So the numbers are basically a range of -181 DA up to 420 DA depending on how you look at it.

And for the slip you've all been waiting for:

You can believe now that PPP is even more motivated to get into the 10's naturally aspirated on just motor alone. More to come...

Jeremy S.
Congratulations, but your car has a LOT more left in it. According to a bunch of forum experts, your 11.280 would have been an easy mid 10 second pass at any one of a number magical north east tracks. In case you didn't hear, we have magical air and all of our tracks go downhill.

OK, OK, on a serious note I have a couple questions for you:

1) How much does the exact stroker package that's in your car cost? Yes I looked at your website, but there are tons of different stroker packages and I have no idea which is in your car.

2) Do you have any weight reduction besides no seats and a gutted trunk? How about A/C? Somebody on another thread said your car was 500lbs lighter than a typical SRT-8. I was skeptical that you removed that much weight. Sounds closer to 200lbs to me, no?

3) Would ya like to make a bet on your "Anyone reaching the 11's on all motor will have to do the same thing" statement? I say that I will not only reach the 11's all motor without gutting the interior or trunk, but will do it with a bone stock 370ci on stock heads, stock cam, stock displacement, stock compression, etc, etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
WOW....Very Impressive

All I have to do now is come up with $20,000 for a motor to dip in the 10's..................HMMM

And very impressive 60FT time..1.58..not bad for a 4,000 Lb boat....

Actually, how much weight did you take out of the car????

·
Registered
951 Posts
Great job, but I'm still frustrated with these cars....when I raced LS1 a few years ago (2000 Camaro SS) I ran high tens with just heads/cam and bolt ons. A stroker motor on those engines were easy nines........

Weight is everything.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Great job, but I'm still frustrated with these cars....when I raced LS1 a few years ago (2000 Camaro SS) I ran high tens with just heads/cam and bolt ons. A stroker motor on those engines were easy nines........

Weight is everything.
Apples to oranges comparison.

The F-Body is a much lighter car. You also can't compare its utility, comfort, refinement, etc. to the SRT-8. Two totally different cars.

Another important thing to realize is the 6.1L has been out for all of what, maybe 2 1/2 years now tops? The LS1 has been out for 10+ years. So of course it's going to have a much bigger aftermarket, much more R&D time, etc, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK...I'm too lazy to read the ENTiRE thread. How did you tune it? As far as I am aware, the only tuning option for the LX platform is the Predator and that is quite limited compared to something like HP Tuners....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.