Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an appointment next week for the Dyno. Stock 2013 R/T Charger 5.7L with E-Force 2300 Stage One.
3.25" Pulley, 180°F T-Stat, Corsa Cat Back. 2.65:1 gears.

What will she put down on a Mustang Dyno? Get out your crystal ball.

The build consists of the above along with MOPAR dual fans and thicker radiator. AEM Wideband & boost gauges, all new OE o2 sensors.

The wire was for a speaker I had in there, the button is for my Viofo Dash Cam to protect videos.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was going to guess 400-410 but my guesses would be considering a mile high of altitude. Without that, I'd probably go to 420.

·
Registered
62 Posts
460 tq/465hp. just a guess though but i wanted to post so when you do show the results i get notified lol. i keep playing around with the idea of a pulley and tune on my hellcat but dont want to lose functionality of sport mode, track mode, eco mode etc.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
460 tq/465hp. just a guess though but i wanted to post so when you do show the results i get notified lol. i keep playing around with the idea of a pulley and tune on my hellcat but dont want to lose functionality of sport mode, track mode, eco mode etc.
I did not know you lose sport mode, track mode.... with a pulley swap and tune. Although if I had the Hellcat I would just keep the warranty and not mess with performance upgrades especially when the Scat does just as good from 0-60 because of the traction issues.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You need a new tuner. My Scat Pack still has all those functions and I'm built and tuned well over hellcat power levels

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, Mustang Dyno numbers are 412Hp / 430Tq. Just breaking over 6 PSI boost.
For Dyno-Jet Fans a 12% adjustment would be 461.44 Hp / 481.60Tq.
Its debated the Mustang dyno are the real numbers. Gains are 96 to 100Hp over no supercharger.
Curt Dusterhoff did the calibrations at Forsyth County Customs in Forsyth GA. Its one of the locations Curt uses. This location saved me several miles of distance.

The guys ar Forsyth CC are great and I seen some nice builds in progress in the shop. If you see a Miata with Brembo calipers don't laugh or pick on it.

I am Very Very pleased with the outcome. Its the same car until I put my foot in it. I love not hearing the screws. It lets me hear the now stronger sounding exhaust. The supercharger is dead silent. The transmission is butter smooth with the stock delay removed and sensible firmness applied.
Its very daily driver like as Edelbrock brags about but when called upon its MUCH stronger.

Tons of torque. Shift points are setup for optimum power band applications. I have the boost engagement spring set on the as shipped center (#2) position and its perfect. When I need 2-2.5 lbs its easily manipulated. Actually it happens naturally as if it was calibrated just for me.

Mods are Corsa cat back, 180 t-stat, K&N drop in, extreme cooling radiator & dual fans, Edelbrock 2300 tvs 15340 kit tuned by Dusterhoff Tuning.
This is how she will stay for the years to come. I have a 2005 Silverado I did the same way with a Magnuson and its stayed the same and fun since then.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thats is awesome! Is the 316hp base line a standard out put for a stock 5.7 Eagle Hemi?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks,
I don't know the majority stock 5.7L motor standard, but I got a Dyno-Jet tune pull of 360hp in 2016, and last month a Mustang Dyno pull on the same tune 4 years later prepping for the blower of 316hp. So the diff between Dyno types is pretty consistent or trying to be.

We all hear its not about the numbers but is about getting a great tune. But our inner mah-cheeze-mo is about the numbers.

I have 2.65:1 gears and man that Corsa sang so beautiful when he spun her up to get where he wanted to be. Goose bumps I'm telling you. WoW? The shop owner came over asking me what exhaust I had.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Curt tunes lots of MOPAR and let me know one doesn't roll the +psi or air/fuel dice with a stock internal HEMI. He spoke about how in my application there is little to no cache of power to be had by going for the ragged edge lean AFR up top. The gamble is not worth it. He calibrates it just a little fat up there for safe temps.
Shift points according to the best of the power band are usually ignored by novices wanting higher than optimum. They just feel like its shifting too soon not considering how strong the beginning of the next gear is.

I took my laptop with intentions of logging on the way home but opted to just drive his work and not be obsessed with numbers and glad I did. I did not feel the want or need for any aspect. I'm aware its a modest 6-7psi mod.

I'll log it soon and post here the AFR, boost, and shift points soon. For now I'm just going to enjoy getting to know the new girl. Its basically a 100HP mod and by doing the install myself and buying the blower without the tune I paid $70.00 per HP.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Thats is awesome! Is the 316hp base line a standard out put for a stock 5.7 Eagle Hemi?
Pretty much universal for 5.7L to dyno right around 320 at the wheels stock. I dyno'd 318 on one dynojet and 315 on a dynodynamics. Most of the Challenger eagles are reporting around 320 stock also.

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
Not bad so you're at more or less 392 power. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts