Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, can anyone recommend a place where I can buy a black metal mesh grill to replace my stock one. I am trying to make my black charger look like the black charger in the castrol oil commercials. It is a one piece mesh grill in black so if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
It doesnt exist as of now.......you can get the blk plastic "honeycomb" grilles on ebay but they have a big center bar and look nothing like the castrol charger with the grip fascia.....

Only other thing you can do is get a 1 piece mesh grille like E&G classics and powdercoat it black, but it still wont sit the recessed grill in the castrol commercial

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It doesnt exist as of now.......you can get the blk plastic "honeycomb" grilles on ebay but they have a big center bar and look nothing like the castrol charger with the grip fascia.....

Only other thing you can do is get a 1 piece mesh grille like E&G classics and powdercoat it black, but it still wont sit the recessed grill in the castrol commercial
yep thats the way to go get the e&g chrome mesh grille and pcoated black i did the same sorry i don't have pics to show but it does look sweet...

·
Registered
902 Posts
I dont think the cars in the commercial have grip fascias. On high def you can see the crosshairs, behind what looks like simple mesh. I think the are just "hiding" the make of the cars as to not "promote" one make over another.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I dont think the cars in the commercial have grip fascias. On high def you can see the crosshairs, behind what looks like simple mesh. I think the are just "hiding" the make of the cars as to not "promote" one make over another.
If this is true, which very well could be. Then you can remove the factory grille altogether, paint your center bar fascia support black, sand the area / fill in the holes for the grille bolts, repaint the fascia, and put blk 1/4" mesh in there to achieve that look, but that sounds like an $1k job easy

OR

You get the mopower recessed grille, cut the middle bar out, sand it and repainte it flat black or color of your car and put the 1/4" black mesh behind it.....that sounds more realistic and about $500-$600

·
Registered
69 Posts
chrome mesh to black mesh

Many of you have see the Castrol GTX ad with the two chargers and im sure you have noticed there black mesh grills. Well, i thought it looked pretty bad ass so i went out looking for one, but the only black one i could find was the bently. So, i bought a chrome mesh grill off Ebay and plan on sandblasting it, prime and paint to get the same look. Ill post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Many of you have see the Castrol GTX ad with the two chargers and im sure you have noticed there black mesh grills. Well, i thought it looked pretty bad ass so i went out looking for one, but the only black one i could find was the bently. So, i bought a chrome mesh grill off Ebay and plan on sandblasting it, prime and paint to get the same look. Ill post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.
The problem is, the grilles in the commercial are a recessed deep back grille.....and your grille will sit flush with the front end, sure itll look good, but slightly different

·
Registered
365 Posts
this sounds interesting, would love to see pics of how the different ideas turn out

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ok I just went to the castol website and watched the video. It is a very small screen, but if you pause it and then move the slide around until you get the front of the red one paused on the screen, you can def make out the oem grille behind what on the paused video appears to be nothing more than editing. Check t out.

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/iframe.do?categoryId=9014492&contentId=7029038&v=b

·
Registered
69 Posts
Back in Black

Alright ladies and gents, heres the pics i promised. Its not exactly like the castrol charger, but i still like it. And as you can see, i made my own little mopar emblem for the front, just to set it off a little. Hope you like it!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
try looking at http://www.racemeshgrilles.com/

He's a little pricey, but the qulity of his work speaks for itself. He does them in black also, but I couldn't find any pics. Here's a nice SRT though (he did mine also...I love it)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Alright ladies and gents, heres the pics i promised. Its not exactly like the castrol charger, but i still like it. And as you can see, i made my own little mopar emblem for the front, just to set it off a little. Hope you like it!!!!
It's hard to see in the pics, but can you see that center vertical post through the grill?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
where did you get the mopar "m" i want one just like that one i been looking and i can't find one....sick!!!!!!! i want my mopar "m" yellow to match my headrest....SICK..SICK..SICK

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's hard to see in the pics, but can you see that center vertical post through the grill?
You can see the post in the middle because the mesh is pretty big, but your going to have the problem with any grill that resembles mine. You could try to cut it out i guess, but you would decrease your support that holds the grill.

·
Registered
69 Posts
where did you get the mopar "m" i want one just like that one i been looking and i can't find one....sick!!!!!!! i want my mopar "m" yellow to match my headrest....SICK..SICK..SICK
I work at local machine shop. Took a piece of 1/16 stainless and used our Hammer Head Water Jet to cut out the M. Then, just shined it up on the buffing wheel. Oh, and tack welded a bolt on the back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ill get some better pics tomorrow, the sun was going down when i took them. It took a lot longer then i thought to install the grill. None of the holes matched up to the factory ones, I had to bust out the drill and make my own. Ill tell you what, nothing gets your blood pumping like drilling holes in your new car!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts