Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the figures after I did an alignment. The technician told me I needed to install camber bushings for the rear and upper control arms for the front due to my modified lowered suspension with coilovers. Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to the exact part numbers and best prices to buy them? thanks! ImageUploadedByAG Free1415118949.978350.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
When I lowered mine I was out -1.5 on all 4 corners. I have since done the front upper control arms from speedlogic and have not done the rears. I do not have excessive inner tire wear on the rears.

Your numbers don't look that bad.

Reactions: JGcharger

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I lowered mine I was out -1.5 on all 4 corners. I have since done the front upper control arms from speedlogic and have not done the rears. I do not have excessive inner tire wear on the rears.

Your numbers don't look that bad.

Gotcha. so would you say the upper control arms would be more of a priority to get fixed compared to the bushings? and, what numbers would be considered bad?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can't really say that the uppers were more a priority but my stock bushings were going so I changed to adjustable and that took care of the fronts. There are many on the forum that have not done anything to fix the camber issue caused by lowering.

As far as numbers I would say that anything over -2 would be bad.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really say that the uppers were more a priority but my stock bushings were going so I changed to adjustable and that took care of the fronts. There are many on the forum that have not done anything to fix the camber issue caused by lowering.

As far as numbers I would say that anything over -2 would be bad.

o ok. you mean to say the stock arms were going? I heard a bumper steer kit might help as well. what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes the bushings on the upper control arms were getting bad. A bump steer kit is a good idea if you are lowered quite a bit. Not sure how much you are lowered. If you do don't just get the offset bushing for the steering rack, get the tie-rod bump steer kit. I don't do a lot of road course tracking so it doesn't bother me to much.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would get some type of adjustable front UCAs to get the front dialed in. Either SPC, Eibach(which are the same) or Speedlogix. Whiteline also makes adjustable (front & rear)bushing replacements,I prefer replacement adjustable control arms/links but guys do run these bushings successfully. You look ok in the rear. I was running offset bushings in the rear for a while ,really didn't like them started to beat out.

At my normal lowered ride ht. now I'm running 1.25* front and 1.50* rear camber with no unusual wear that I can see.

This is what's on the front: SPC UCAs

This is what I run on the rear: JHS Camber links

D,:beerchug:

Reactions: JGcharger

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info! I ended up purchasing SPC adjustable upper control arms and SPC rear camber bushings. I heard great things about both so I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ImageUploadedByAG Free1415642589.963138.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1415642599.213571.jpg

Rear camber bushings came in today. I have included the instruction sheet on how to install it just in case someone else will run into this problem in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts