Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 08 Charger R/T AWD on Monday...love the car....but it seems to pull to the right. The steering wheel seems a little off as well. If I straighten the wheel, she definitely goes to the right. It has Continental 18" tires.
Has anyone else had this issue or is it normal? I'm so used to my Rumble Bee truck, I don't know what to expect out of the charger.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's hard to find a perfectly flat road around my area....but yeah it might have to go in for an alignment.....that really sucks though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
When I first bought my car I had the same problem. The car would pull to the left on a perfectly flat road. I took it back to the dealer and sure enough the alignment was off. They adjusted it and now it drives straight.

BTW... my car is RWD but I also have the Conti 18 inch tires.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok....at least it might not be me thinking it's off :)

I just hope the dealer can do a good job........thanx!

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
had same problem on my '06 rwd, needed aligned.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went to the dealership today with an alignment appointment......they put it up on the machine. The front was fine the back was out a little on the toe. They adjusted the back and then swapped the two front tires...they thought I might have a tire pull. My biggest concern was that the steering wheel points to 11am and when you put it straight the car shoots off to the right. Even if you are on the left side of the highway it will shoot to the right.....so it's a no-brainer that the steering wheel is off from the factory. Well anyways, they didn't touch the steering wheel and told me my air pressure needed to be put up to 39 pds.......which seems extremely high.
So I'm still stuck with a crooked steering wheel and a car that likes to go to the right. I think I'm gonna try a new dealership and see if they will straighten the wheel out and all will be well.....
Anyone have any other suggestions????

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I went to the dealership today with an alignment appointment......they put it up on the machine. The front was fine the back was out a little on the toe. They adjusted the back and then swapped the two front tires...they thought I might have a tire pull. My biggest concern was that the steering wheel points to 11am and when you put it straight the car shoots off to the right. Even if you are on the left side of the highway it will shoot to the right.....so it's a no-brainer that the steering wheel is off from the factory. Well anyways, they didn't touch the steering wheel and told me my air pressure needed to be put up to 39 pds.......which seems extremely high.
So I'm still stuck with a crooked steering wheel and a car that likes to go to the right. I think I'm gonna try a new dealership and see if they will straighten the wheel out and all will be well.....
Anyone have any other suggestions????
I'd take it back one more time and tell them you want a tech to go on a test drive with you to show them what is happening, maybe even have the tech drive the car. To center the steering wheel all they will need to do it adjust the tie rod ends and re adjust the toe if it changes while centering the steering wheel. To me one of the most annoying things is driving a car that has an off-center steering wheel :knockout: !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in Maine.....

I should of known better than to try a certain Dodge dealer in the Bangor area.......thought maybe they changed, but I guess I was wrong.....
I have another appointment with a different dealer that seems to think it's a fairly easy fix.
I'm just really anal when it comes to my vehicles...you pay big $$$$ and I would like a straight steering wheel:)

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I'm just really anal when it comes to my vehicles...you pay big $$$$ and I would like a straight steering wheel:)

I know exactly how you feel; nothing 'anal' about that! Not at all.

The same thing happened to me when I got my Charger. I had to hold the wheel at 1:00 to go straight. It drove me crazy!!!! :knockout: :angry: :fuming:

I took mine back to the dealer, and they fixed me up, though. I'd go back if I were you, and make them fix it.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I have the appointment tomorrow at 1pm eastern time.....I'll keep my fingers crossed that this dealer can help me out!!!! I'll keep ya posted....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, went to the other dealer that is 45 minutes away, but it was totally worth it....:)
Now my car drives straight. The toe on the right side was out slightly, and once the steering wheel was straightened it was out a lot and needed to be adjusted. So now I have a near perfect wheel, and the car drives great!!!!

I should of known and went to this dealer first........

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Glad to hear that!

Ok, went to the other dealer that is 45 minutes away, but it was totally worth it....:)
Now my car drives straight. The toe on the right side was out slightly, and once the steering wheel was straightened it was out a lot and needed to be adjusted. So now I have a near perfect wheel, and the car drives great!!!!

I should of known and went to this dealer first........
Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts