Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it usually necessary to have your alignment done after going from 18's to 20's but are not lowering the car?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Is it usually necessary to have your alignment done after going from 18's to 20's but are not lowering the car?

I'm a trained dcx and ford alignment tech. My opinion no. Only if the ride height of the body changes in relationship to suspension. You raised the whole vehicle suspension and all.(and i'm assuming went with smaller 20" tires to get as close to o.e. o.d. as possible ) I would highly recommend aligning the headlights though. Any change in body height will change the angle and pitch of the headlight patch at night time.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a trained dcx and ford alignment tech. My opinion no. Only if the ride height of the body changes in relationship to suspension. You raised the whole vehicle suspension and all.(and i'm assuming went with smaller 20" tires to get as close to o.e. o.d. as possible ) I would highly recommend aligning the headlights though. Any change in body height will change the angle and pitch of the headlight patch at night time.
Thanks. Shoulda mentioned, this is for the 07 E350. We are getting smaller tires to get as close to o.e. o.d. though. Getting the wheels put on at lunch time today and I want to have the alignment done this afternoon if it is necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts