1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone needs any updates to there bcm like turning on
Ventilated seats or
Outside mirror LED lamps
I can help with that as I recently learned how to use Alfa Obd on my 2019 scat pack
It is a very awesome tool for changing or enabling options in the bcm

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have used it for several things and love it. Its saved me several dealership flash activation costs and enabled other things.

Lesson #1 Don't touch anything until you master lesson #2.
Lesson #2 how to make a backup log.
Lesson #3 how to use the Notepad ++ and its Compare plug in.

Its a great application but you can wind up on a flat bed to the dealership for a BCM re-flash if you randomly try things to see what happens..

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
On my 2013 I:
Installed & activated drivers door auto dimming mirror.
Installed & activated a factory reverse camera.
Installed & Activated A Paddle Shifter Steering Wheel.
Enabled Sport Mode
Enabled SRT Pages
Moved DRLs' to turn signals
Enabled Fogs on with high beams.

Note the 2011 year model does not have Sport Mode or SRT Pages to activate.

It is not VIN licensed and can be used on multiple vehicles.
The android version can run on multiple devices the user has his Google Play Store on.
The PC Version is licensed to the PC its installed on and (to me) is not as user friendly as Android version.

You can test many functions. One example is I converted to dual cooling fans and tested them. It activates the selected fan (# 1 or #2) for 10 seconds.

I'm told its a code reader and can do automated ABS bleed but have not tried it.
The most popular OBD Bluetooth dongle is the OBDLink MX, the MX+ is usable on Apple also but AlfaOBD is not.
There are other much cheaper dongles that work.
OBDLink does come with an APK you can use to monitor live diagnostics like Intake Air Temps and such.

I'm sure there is more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wanted to see if I could enable sport pages on my wife’s 2017 SXT+, add paddle shifter, maybe keep the fogs on with high beams and maybe find some mirrors that are loaded. By that I mean, dimable, heated powered mirrors that also have blind spot warning.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You may have to have different door modules for memory or power folding. The auto dimmer I got is a memory mirror but I couldn't activate it. All I wanted was the dimming though.
Do SXT's come with sport mode options?

One thing you have to be cautious with when using AlfaOBD is random experimenting. A Dodge RAM guy tried it and the truck was rendered UN-drivable. RAMs don't ship with SM.
He did not have a backup list and got lucky with another member with the same truck sitting on the phone with him for hours sorting it out. This is why one needs to know how to backup and use the compare feature in notepad++.

Just because its in the list doesn't mean its ok to try it.
Its very advisable one reads THIS leading post on the matter on the RAM site. And heed it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
When one makes a change in AlfaOBD it doesn't just change that parameter from set to not set, there can be many other parameters in the module that get changed.
So if a vehicle does not agree with a change, one normally can just reverse it. If not he makes a backup, opens it and the "before" backup and looks at the compares and makes the changes.

This is only common when someone does thoings without researching it first. Oh, Duh, head light wipers, I think I'll try it" . BAM!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
The older Rallye version of the SXT came with Sport Mode (my Wife's Barney Mobile has it) I almost never use it, it stays in the lower gears too long for city driving. I tried a coupe 1/4 mile runs with it turned on and off and found no difference

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I downloaded the Demo version. It connects and i can select a module. But nothing comes up?
Is that the demo version? Is it not working? Does it take a while to load a module?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m not sure you can do anything with the free demo. Gotta pay-to-play.
But once you connect to the OBDLink and select your vehicle, year and module you have to connect on the next screen.
It all starts there.
I don’t think demo does anything than to let you browse a little.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ok. got the full version, displays all the settings.
But for the life of me i cannot figure out how to change any of them. The HELP does not mention changing settings.
Please enlighten me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
RM, Sent you a PM so you have an idea what Im looking at.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a stock bcm read for a 15+ Charger R/T with STP? I’m particularly interested in the chassis code.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
18 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a stock bcm read for a 15+ Charger R/T with STP? I’m particularly interested in the chassis code.
We've been trying to compile a list of chassis types in this thread but can't seem to get people on board to just do a read of the BCM and post it. It would probably be helpful to get a read of the ABS modules between the cars with STP and without to compare P/N's as well.

The Chassis Type is the key to getting Launch Control to work.

Note that changing this will probably require an ABS re-initialization, but AlphaOBD can do that as well.

I'm hoping someday to add Blind Spot Detection to my car, after I save up the money to buy the mirrors, sensors, harnesses and door modules. :cool:

I've used AlphaOBD to turn on the Performance Pages in the 8.4A I swapped in.

Reactions: 16PCRT

·
Registered
41 Posts
We've been trying to compile a list of chassis types in this thread but can't seem to get people on board to just do a read of the BCM and post it. It would probably be helpful to get a read of the ABS modules between the cars with STP and without to compare P/N's as well.

The Chassis Type is the key to getting Launch Control to work.

Note that changing this will probably require an ABS re-initialization, but AlphaOBD can do that as well.

I'm hoping someday to add Blind Spot Detection to my car, after I save up the money to buy the mirrors, sensors, harnesses and door modules. :cool:

I've used AlphaOBD to turn on the Performance Pages in the 8.4A I swapped in.
Dion,

Thanks for the reply and notes. Launch control is precisely why I was asking for a read of an STP equipped car. Hopefully we can get more members on board to compile a list.

Tony

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
18 Posts
Dion,

Thanks for the reply and notes. Launch control is precisely why I was asking for a read of an STP equipped car. Hopefully we can get more members on board to compile a list.

Tony
The other option is to find one used on a lot and convince the sales guy that you aren't doing anything weird when you take a read of the BCM and ABS. Just make sure that if you do, POST UP THE INFO so we can expand the list. :D

That's what I had to do to make sure I wasn't missing anything when I turn stuff on in my car. Found a 2015 Challenger R/T 6M w/ STP and got a read to compare.

Nice thing was, I didn't have to change my Chassis Type so I didn't have to do the ABS re-initialization.

Reactions: 16PCRT
1 - 20 of 22 Posts