Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First time poster and aspiring-to-be Charger Scat Pack owner in the Jazz Blue.
Nutty as it sounds, but looking to trade my 2015 Prius. Because I need a bigger car with bad gas mileage and exhaust that sets off house alarms. :beerchug:

Bear with me as I tried to do a forum search on the topic but to no avail...

Can anyone talk about the durability thus far with their Alcantara Suede/Nappa Leather seats? Namely I live in San Diego, and my son and I go surfing quite a bit as this will be a beach car. Wondering how the seats will hold up with sand, salt water, etc.

Also any experience with getting a surfboard through the trunk and the fold down rear seat is an added bonus. :D

Any insights appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Parker

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bumping this topic in an attempt to get a response. I too am interested in knowing this.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I don't see this being a big problem. Keep yourself and the seats clean. If you're a beach bum, maybe something without leather would make more sense.

Just bring a board to the dealership and try to get her in.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I used this stuff and it works AMAZING!!!

Just buy yourself a really good horse hair brush and you're good to go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will be taking delivery of the same car tomorrow in the same color. I also surf, but here in the Santa Cruz and Capitola area. What I will probably do is buy Wet Okole seat covers. I put them in my armada 10 years ago and used that SUV to go surfing with. I pull them off occasionally to wash and the leather they are protecting looks showroom new.

Look into Wet Okole. Not cheap but worth every penny.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to hear Armada there's another surfer out there going against the grain and not getting a truck to haul their gear.

IMO gotta have the hot rod to stand out and the surfboard too. And congrats on your delivery!

I'll look into those seat covers. Makes total sense, even for my 10 year old son who surfs and tends to keep his wetsuit on when getting back from the beach.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I was okay using the family wagon, Nissan Armada. It's in great shape but I also wanted a modern day muscle car to bring to the beach.

Oh yeah, being a surfer, you probably know what Okole means.

The covers are made of wetsuit material and snaps on and off easily. They stay put very well also if adjusted correctly. I figure I install them when going to the beach and take them off when I'm clean and dry. Like yourself, I have no idea how to take care of suede. But we shall see.
Check them out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My Jazz Blue Scat Pack is now a year old with 12,000 miles. I have the Alcantara red suede interior and looks as good as the day I bought it.
Still get lots of compliments every week. You will LOVE your new SP!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Reviving this thread. Noticed that my Alcantara back seats are getting wrinkles already after on a few dozen uses. Anyone else noticing this? I think it was more noticeable after getting my windows tinted. The guy must have keeled on the seat to install the rear window tint.

Is there any way to safely remove wrinkles from Alcantara that is a tried and true method? I know with leather seats they can be steamed or shrunk back if they become stretched over time.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Bump. Well since no one replied Im experimenting with my own procedure. Well see if it helps. Otherwise, off to the dealer for a tightening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts