Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
alarms

stick with either VIPER OR CILFFORD alarms. they are both owned by D.E.I-and carry a life time warranty and they will pay your insurance deductable if the alarm is installed by a factory d.e.i dealer. both brands have antiscan on all their lines of alarms-and all their alarms are of the same quality-the only thing that very's is the options. i have a AM-1 on my charger that use's the factory remote because i didnt want a new remote hanging from my keys and i have it wired for remote start/all 4 window roll up and it also close's the sunroof for me/all on the factory remote

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
cilfford-viper-python-hornet-wasp-steal stopper-auto mate-stinger-ppi-orion-a.d.s-sound stream-bypasskit-xpresskit-viper audio-viper video-and 95% of all sirus products are owned by D.E.I in vista cali so you can go wrong with any thing they make

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I have a viper 791 in my charger and love it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
stick with either VIPER OR CILFFORD alarms. they are both owned by D.E.I-and carry a life time warranty and they will pay your insurance deductable if the alarm is installed by a factory d.e.i dealer. both brands have antiscan on all their lines of alarms-and all their alarms are of the same quality-the only thing that very's is the options. i have a AM-1 on my charger that use's the factory remote because i didnt want a new remote hanging from my keys and i have it wired for remote start/all 4 window roll up and it also close's the sunroof for me/all on the factory remote
What does this setup run installed? Viper and Clifford is the way to go for sure because D.E.I. is top notch.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
My 791 was 599 installed last year. I do believe that model is getting phased out by the 5900 which has a greater range but I have also heard that there is an issue with the relay for the chip bypass on the 5900 and dei is working the issue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have Viper 5900 w/ remote start. It cost me $700 at Audio Express in Phx,az. There was a slight issue with the remote start. After a second trip back they install some resistors to help the alarm brain communticate with the car brain.........

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
What kind of price is that? With remote start, do you need to leave a key in the car at all times? I worked for circuit city back in high school and all keys with a chip like our's needed to leave another key hidden under the dash which disables our ignition kill, is this still the same or has technology made it all better? I want your set up!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have the viper 5900 and no you do not need to lose your key as long as you get the right module for it.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Sweet, that's my birthday present to my Charger, keeping her safe!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
What brand is the AM 1, I am having troubles finding it online. Thanks again

·
Registered
907 Posts
Alright... I am going to get an alarm for my car in the next 2 weeks.... I want a really good one..

here are some that i have been looking at... I would like some honest feedback... overpriced.. junk.... easy to steal....

1st is the python 1090
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/1090.html

2nd is the viper 7900
http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=102

3rd is a compustar
http://www.compustar.com/main.htm
either the CompuStar Pro P2W9000FMR or the CompuStar Pro P2WSSR which is the big dog...

The compustar seems really good

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Alright... I am going to get an alarm for my car in the next 2 weeks.... I want a really good one..

here are some that i have been looking at... I would like some honest feedback... overpriced.. junk.... easy to steal....

1st is the python 1090
http://www.pythoncarsecurity.com/products/1090.html

2nd is the viper 7900
http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=102

3rd is a compustar
http://www.compustar.com/main.htm
either the CompuStar Pro P2W9000FMR or the CompuStar Pro P2WSSR which is the big dog...

The compustar seems really good
Son-of-a-motherless goat! Figures they'd come out with a sweet model like that after I get mine done.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I heard someone mention that the alarms with the tilt sensors are great to have for those with custom wheels so they detect when someone jacks up the car and gives a little bit more protection. Do these alarms mentioned (Viper models 5900, 7900, etc.) have this option and how much would that option be to get? Thanks since I know nothing about this stuff :knockout: .

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I heard someone mention that the alarms with the tilt sensors are great to have for those with custom wheels so they detect when someone jacks up the car and gives a little bit more protection. Do these alarms mentioned (Viper models 5900, 7900, etc.) have this option and how much would that option be to get? Thanks since I know nothing about this stuff :knockout: .
Its something that can be added to any alarm. Theyre probably $50-100 + labor. Working at a rim shop, Ive installed tons. 99.9% of the time, they will detect lift before the tire even gets off the ground.

Im leaning towards the Compustar 900 again. Had one on my Cobra, and have one on my girls Altima.

To me, it always seems the DEI 2 way products always have problems with the remote. Sometimes while standing next to the vehicle, it says youre out of range; amd its even worse when the battery is low. Ive done countless DEI alarms over the years; and that really bothered me.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'm getting my computar installed probablly either monday or tuesday.
I'm getting

CompuStar Pro P2W9000FMR
plus:
ALL 4 windows UP/DOWN
Sunroof close
Proximity sensor

that it for now.

hey SLOW in your experience do our cars need the tilt if we have the proximity sensor or is that enough... or does the compustar have a built in tilt sensor ? would you purchase an extra tilt sensor if it was you ? or is my set up cool ?

Thanks bro

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Prox is cool for the interior belongings. If its sensitive enough to pick up people simply walking by the car, it will get extremly annoying.

Id spend the extra few $$ on the DEI tilt sensor.

Are they gonna wire up the windows/sunroof to the prox sensor? So if the sensor is triggered, it will close them? Always another neat feature to have.

·
Registered
907 Posts
can they do that ? Have you done that when you've installed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts