Charger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mopar enthusiast I'm hoping I can get some insight with this issue that I'm having at triple digit speeds in my 2019 Charger Scat Pack.It roughly begins around 100 mph and intensifies as it climbs up to 141.That's my top speed to date. I purchased my Scatty back in July,and just cracked 2000 miles on her this week but I had noticed this vibrating even back when she was at only 700 miles in. Now that I've gotten a little bit more comfortable with the power and speed I tend to hit Triple digits regularly and this definitely cannot be wind vibrations. I know the feeling of out of balance tires usually at double digits around 65 to 75 mph, but this feels a kinda different especially when when your heart is pounding out of your chest and your hands are clinched to the steering wheel and trembling at the same time. My neighbor has the Challenger Scat Pack and he says the only thing that he experiences is the heart pounding and hand trembling.Has anyone out there had this vibrating/(Earthquake) like experience at triple-digit speeds or is it something I have to get used to ? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If it's not tire balance it could be wheel alignment. The Charger has 4-wheel alignment. It could also be the tire tread pattern or the tire air pressure.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
141 mph huh? Well that might have something to do w it lol. When ya hit that tree or another car. You’re the reason I have a job lol. Where the hell are you able to go that fast??????

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Tire balance, more critical the faster you go on the track. Most shops do a "good balance" getting it close but for high speed track running you need a very accurate balance.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
19Scat:
Are you sure this issue isn't from your passengers crapping their drawers, and screaming, "Mommy, make it stop?"

Don :0)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Tire balance, more critical the faster you go on the track. Most shops do a "good balance" getting it close but for high speed track running you need a very accurate balance.
^^^ This ^^^

"Close enough" is fine for the vast majority of folks. Over 100mph or so it will reveal itself. Stupid to go that fast on the street, but I'm sure you already know that. Take it to the track where they've got folks standing by to scrape you off the pavement if you make a mistake or have a critical steering or tire failure.

Best,

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the same problem. Mine now starts at 80mph and gets worse. Don't want to push it over 100mph. I still think it's front end balance. I thought as some have posted where, that tire shops balance them good up to 80mph, however, consider this. They balance every other car the same way. My friend just has his Subaru SUV at 120mph and it was as smooth as could be. So they should be able to get our Chargers the same way.

·
Registered
439 Posts
WTH. None of the OP post makes sense. Heart pounding & trembling hands. And the neighbor has the same symptoms. If I drove like mad max I might too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm no angel but if its shaking @100 I'm not taking it up further.
Lots of possibilities.
I would get the tires road force balanced and inspected while they have them off.
Is the vibration in the steering wheel (front tires) or seats (rear tires)?
New car eh, if its not coming through the steering wheel and the tires look good get her in for a warranty look at the drive line.

·
Registered
439 Posts
He says it's a 2019 scat, so it comes with Z speed rated. Then again who knows if he replaced them with with something different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
141 mph huh? Well that might have something to do w it lol. When ya hit that tree or another car. You’re the reason I have a job lol. Where the hell are you able to go that fast??????
He says it's a 2019 scat, so it comes with Z speed rated. Then again who knows if he replaced them with with something different.
No mods at all its bone stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
  • 13 Daytona, Thats some mess up s#!t to say to someone.Now I dont know where you come from ,where you get your sense of humor from but I'm sure that you have family and friends that are on the roadways daily and I'm sure that you would not appreciate someone insinuating that one day your job might lead you to finding one of your loved ones wrapped around a tree, or another car ,under a truck,or in a ditch,or on fire or well you get my point.Lol. My post was only to get an opinion from other mopar enthusiast who may have a similar car and have done similar speeds and may or may not have had the same experience or give a possible solution to it. Obviously you drive a Toyota Prius,respect all highway laws and will never think about going past the speed limits because that's all to ensure your safety on our fine roads. Please keep your twisted humor to yourself.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
  • 13 Daytona, Thats some mess up s#!t to say to someone.Now I dont know where you come from ,where you get your sense of humor from but I'm sure that you have family and friends that are on the roadways daily and I'm sure that you would not appreciate someone insinuating that one day your job might lead you to finding one of your loved ones wrapped around a tree, or another car ,under a truck,or in a ditch,or on fire or well you get my point.Lol. My post was only to get an opinion from other mopar enthusiast who may have a similar car and have done similar speeds and may or may not have had the same experience or give a possible solution to it. Obviously you drive a Toyota Prius,respect all highway laws and will never think about going past the speed limits because that's all to ensure your safety on our fine roads. Please keep your twisted humor to yourself.
Yes clearly I drive a Prius on a Charger forum. Keep driving like an a s s hole on public road ways. Go find a safe space bc I clearly offended you. Snowflake.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This whole thread is retarded why the hell would you be going anywhere past 100mph on a public way. You have any idea what a deer or hell even a raccoon would do to you at that speed . Like others have said get it on the track

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hello Mopar enthusiast I'm hoping I can get some insight with this issue that I'm having at triple digit speeds in my 2019 Charger Scat Pack.It roughly begins around 100 mph and intensifies as it climbs up to 141.That's my top speed to date. I purchased my Scatty back in July,and just cracked 2000 miles on her this week but I had noticed this vibrating even back when she was at only 700 miles in. Now that I've gotten a little bit more comfortable with the power and speed I tend to hit Triple digits regularly and this definitely cannot be wind vibrations. I know the feeling of out of balance tires usually at double digits around 65 to 75 mph, but this feels a kinda different especially when when your heart is pounding out of your chest and your hands are clinched to the steering wheel and trembling at the same time. My neighbor has the Challenger Scat Pack and he says the only thing that he experiences is the heart pounding and hand trembling.Has anyone out there had this vibrating/(Earthquake) like experience at triple-digit speeds or is it something I have to get used to ? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem. Mine now starts at 80mph and gets worse. Don't want to push it over 100mph. I still think it's front end balance. I thought as some have posted where, that tire shops balance them good up to 80mph, however, consider this. They balance every other car the same way. My friend just has his Subaru SUV at 120mph and it was as smooth as could be. So they should be able to get our Chargers the same way.
Hi tcope and 19Scatty,

We certainly understand why this may be concerning. Unfortunately, your local dealer would not be able to drive your Charger over the speed limit. However, the dealer is in the best position to assist you with a correct tire balance for stock tires. If you move forward with addressing this with your dealer, our team is available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.

Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good to see some 'Dads' shaking their finger at the OP.. but really..that's a Duh.... OP.. if you have trembling hands and heart pounding you are operating beyond your skill set...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.