Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i'm installing a viper 5901 on my '07 charger, does anyone know what bypass module i need?

·
Registered
185 Posts
hi guys
i'm installing a viper 5901 on my '07 charger, does anyone know what bypass module i need?
Yessir...DEI (the parent company of Viper) makes a bypass under the brand name Xpresskit called the CHALL. You'll need that plus the CHTH2 T-harness, because your car is an 07. The harness that comes with it only works for 08 and up. You can get the whole setup on ebay for around 100 bucks. Do you have experience installing remote starters? If not, I strongly recommend professional installation.

I have the 5901 in my 06 R/T, and its awesome. Very customizable. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a bunch. no i think imma have a pro install it i want it done right. i heard its a very customizable alarm im exited to have it. i heard that the xk09 by xpresskit also worked for the car do you know if this is true?

·
Registered
185 Posts
thanks a bunch. no i think imma have a pro install it i want it done right. i heard its a very customizable alarm im exited to have it. i heard that the xk09 by xpresskit also worked for the car do you know if this is true?
I don't know about that one. I know there is another one or two possibly made by other companies (I personally love DEI and always use their products) that you can use that you have to leave one of your keys inside the dash. Then if you want a spare you have to shell out money for a new one. With the CHALL you get to keep both of your originals. The CHALL module learns your key (it only takes one to program) and simulates it when it comes time to remote start. Plus it integrates your door and trunk triggers, trunk release, door locks, tachometer wire, and factory alarm arm/disarm if you have a factory alarm. As far as alarm/remote starts with bypasses go, this was the simplest install I've done. Instead of tapping about 20 to 25 wires of the cars internal wires, I only had to tap like 5. Le t me know how it goes and feel free to ask me any more questions. I used to be a professional installer a few years back and I'm happy to help if I can. Enjoy your 5901. I know I do. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
the idatalink ADS-AL-CA is super wicked awesome. Never touched a DEI bypass ever since getting the idata brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea that was the thing with the xk09, i had to leave one key in the car at all time and carry one. the only thing is i only have one key and had to pay to get an extra, i think the chall bypass is a better way to go. thanks again utaptout for the info and ill let u know how it goes

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea that was the thing with the xk09, i had to leave one key in the car at all time and carry one. the only thing is i only have one key and had to pay to get an extra, i think the chall bypass is a better way to go. thanks again utaptout for the info and ill let u know how it goes
I'm glad to hear it. I def love the CHALL. It only came out withing the last several months I think, and it is definitely the best bypass I've seen for interfacing specifically with DEI products. I actually had to kind of wing the install because I couldnt find anyone that had experience with it. It was a little intimidating because our cars are SOOO computerized and wired up the wazoo, plus I've been out of the game since 2003. I felt good when I finished the job up and everything worked so seemlessly.

No worries bro...Like I said, I'm happy to help. I love this forum because its a great place to share knowledge and help eachother out. I've only been on here for a few months but I have learned a ton about our cars. The people that contribute here are awesome. You can literally find out just about anything you want to know. :beerchug:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks a lot utaptout!!! i just got my viper alarm installed today and that Chall bypass worked great!!!!!!! :D the installation guy took a while but thats because he has never worked with the chall bypass, but once he figured it out he said he's gonna use that one from now on. only needed one key to program and the alarm works great!!!
thanks for ur help!

·
Registered
185 Posts
thanks a lot utaptout!!! i just got my viper alarm installed today and that Chall bypass worked great!!!!!!! :D the installation guy took a while but thats because he has never worked with the chall bypass, but once he figured it out he said he's gonna use that one from now on. only needed one key to program and the alarm works great!!!
thanks for ur help!
Anytime buddy! That's why I love DEI. They've got some great engineers and product designers. They're always on the cutting edge, making things work when it seems like its impossible. The supplied instruction are a little on the vague side, so that's more than likely why it took him a while to do it. Thats also why I recommended leaving it to a pro. When I did mine, I was pretty sure that I was doing it right, but left the possibility open that I might have to go back and rewire it. I got lucky and got it right the first time, and have had no issues with it. It a killer system. Enjoy man, I'm glad that everything worked out for you! :beerchug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts