Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alamo City LX club is having a M&G at Brackenridge park this Sunday, 2 Sep. The idea is to have a family event so bring everyone and have a picnic while enjoying the cars. Thinking of starting around 1100 so that those attending church will be able to make it.

So pack up the kids and the significant other, some samiches and drinks, and don't forget the chairs and sunscreen and come out for some fun. We a young and small club right now and every new member will only make the club stronger and better.

This is the WARNORD with more specifics to come like what area.

Levi

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And another bUmP

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'll be there but I think It may be really really packed with it being labor day weekend so we may not be able to park together. Iit's a first come first serve, type of thing. People will probably camp out just so they could reserve their spots. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think it will be that bad on Sunday? I thought that it would be Monday that would get packed....but what do I know, I never go to the parks on holidays. So no, I haven't a clue.....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Do you think it will be that bad on Sunday? I thought that it would be Monday that would get packed....but what do I know, I never go to the parks on holidays. So no, I haven't a clue.....
I have no idea either. I talked to my older brother who likes to go there on labor day weekend usually on sat or mon tho. He said usually after 12:00 or 1:00 is when people really start showing up so at 11:00 he said should be okay.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I'll be there guys.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK all you ACLXC folks, here is an update. I went and looked over Brackenridge today. I found 3 areas that will allow for us to park like we would like to along with area for other activities. I also talked to one of the rangers and he said it does get busy on Sundays normally and a Holiday is of course more so. But he also said it doesn't get too bad until late morning. SOOOOO my plan is to be there by 1000 and see if I can hold out some property. My wife will also drive to hold another spot or 2.

In order of prime areas, here are the directions to the areas I will try to get.

1. From the Hildebrand entrance off 281, go straight into the softball field parking. It has parking on both sides. It also has nice grassy areas for the family and isn't too far from the play ground.
It is open with no cover on the parking area so no worry about stuff falling on your car.

2. Coming into the park from Broadway by the Whitte museum, go straight past the intersection toward the sunken gardens. Just past the intersection there is parking on both sides under trees. It is close to the river and the the play ground but has tall trees over the parking.

I did find another park there on Broadway, Lionsfield Park. There is a playground and lots of parking adjacent to it. It is just a few blocks from Brackenridge. I personally like this one as a backup as I'm betting it won't be as occupied as Brack.

I will post up my cell number Sat. for anyone that wants to check in Sunday morning to see what I found to be the best accessible spot for us.

Now I have to disclaim that I do not know the SA area parks worth a snot and have been trying to get info from my in-laws but haven't had much luck so that is why I went with/where I did. If any of you out there know if a sure fire place for us to gather and to allow for family activities, let me know and I'll look it over.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you all there!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow good work levi. If your gonna be there around ten to hold spots I guess I can help u, since I do nothing on sunday mornings. Also is there anything I or anybody should bring?
Thanks
Marcos

I also posted this on the meets section on our website.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good call, I did forget that part.

Suggested packing list:
Sunscreen for those a pale shade of blue like me
Chairs for your arse
Cooler with preferred beverages and eats for your tummy
Umbrella for the sun (NO RAIN :mad: )
Music for your ears
Camera for evidence uh, I mean memories
Car touch up gear for your car to look more gooder
Out door games (what ever you think can be played in a park) to entertain yourself
Bread crumbs for the kids to feed the ducks
Hat for bald heads
Sunglasses for your eyes

and past all that, what ever else you think you want to bring.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reminder.....

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
bump come on guys, lets get a head count...

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NO RAIN! I have said it there for it shall be...

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all. One more update for tomorrow. If you are planning on coming and want to know for sure where we secured a spot at, you can call me 845-2479. I plan on being there at Brackenridge by 1000.

Hope to see you there!

Levi

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool! I hope tomorrow is a good day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts