Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best Intake for the $$$$

Who has the best intake I can buy?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have always been partial to the K&N CAI as it is made from composite plastic, which is more heat resistant that the metal ones, but that is my opinion.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
afe stage 2 or airhammer.

afe stage 2 filters better but gives slightly less HP is my understanding.

airhammer gives you highest hp gain with afeS2 being the second best.

everyone ive talked to hates k&n because their filters are the worst quality and they let more particles thru than almost all otehr filter brands. not to mention they dont even give the best horsies.

go over to www.lxforums.com
find the forum section called MFO Mods Face Off. it has a bunch of threads about cai's and comparisons, they have some guys doing this all on the same cars showing gains and losses comparitively. its a great message board everyone needs to read. its VERY well thought out testing.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Why does there have to be a thread everytime someone wants an intake?

Use search, its your friend

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why does there have to be a thread everytime someone wants an intake?

Use search, its your friend
Will do, new to this forum thing...

every thread I've read has you in it. You must have a deep well of knowledge.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Steer clear of the air scammer, the AFE has many advantages including less weight and less heat transfer.
Every time a Hammer thread pops up, I wait for your negativity...Its like clock work...so predictable:knockout:
Dont mind him Brady:grin:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Will do, new to this forum thing...

every thread I've read has you in it. You must have a deep well of knowledge.
I have had 5 DIFFERENT intakes!

Trust me, the AFA stage II is the best overall!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I've had K&N on every car for hundreds of thousands of miles for years. To knock K&N is a bunch of BS.

So is dyno testing CAIs. What a load of crap that is. The very method of testing is totally AGAINST the purpose of a CAI.

Go buy the one you like. I like the Mopar and it's finish which I believe has a ceramic coating. The AFE is very good too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just installed my Airhammer yesterday and it looks and sounds awesome...performance wise, I have nothing to compare it to..but if we use the lx forums charts then its doing ok .I work 2 jobs , I got a little extra coin so I went with the Hammer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts