Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why?

What causes this.. Been happening for two days now! Happens when driving... just comes on. With ESP on or off, driving fast or slow... it's strange.

- Jamos

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Mine was a bad clockspring, a warranty fix.

It took two trips to the dealer for them to figure it out even though I told them what the problem was. I searched around on the boards and took an educated guess. When I dropped it off and made the suggestion they gave me the smug "we will take a look at it".

When I picked it up the first time they said they could not get the light to come on. Light came on less than a half mile from the dealer. I wonder if they even test drove it?

Ba$terds. I hate 'em. :smoke:

I still have the coolant gunk, don't wanna go back.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll ask'm.

At the same time this started happening, I've noticed a lot of brake squeel, and a hard knock from the front of the car when coming to a stop. Haven't check the pad levels yet (keep forgetting) but I'm imagining I'm running thin pads :(

God damned car!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange symptom... only happens when ESP is off.

Strange. (just by pressing the button, not the holding it for 6 seconds off)

- Jamos

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well the only thing I can contribute to this is that every time I have something on top of the front passenger seat or even if I rest my arm on it, the light will go on. I don't know if this is your dilemma. If it is, it's because of the sensors in the seat which are set to go off is there isn't something in that seat which is over, I believe, 80 to 90 lbs. It's a precaution which lets you know that there should not be young children in the front seat (airbag is dangerous for them).

If this isn't your problem please disregard this, and if anyone can correct me, please do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts