Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around and couldn't really find a straight answer on whether hood scoops would replace your air intake system. Im not doing anything at the moment, but I am just curious about maybe in the future putting scoops on my charger. I was also wondering if I did, if I could get blower style scoops for my car. I have a 2008 R/T AWD
Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Most are for looks. The SRT scoops force air over the exhaust manifolds to keep the bay cooler. No scoop will give you forced air until you hit 140mph

·
Registered
679 Posts
99.9% of the scoops out there will not connect to the intake in any way

Only the ones labelled "ram air" usually connect in some way

As mentioned the OEM srt8 hood does have ducting to direct air to the motor which you can see here, my airaid CAI has the add on scoop to direct air to the filter

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's both the srt version usually re directs it over the engine bay correct me if I'm wrong but mine for my rt directs it to my intake I believe they make both u just gotta find the one u want

·
Registered
679 Posts
You won't be able to use just a Ram air scoop unless you want to cut holes in your hood, people here are mostly talking about complete replacement hoods

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Would a ram air scoop connect to the intake, or simply allow air under the hood?
all hoods made for these cars with anykind of "scoop" just direct air towards the area of the filter. you will not find scoops that are fully connected to the air intake that i have ever seen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts