Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a air hammer cai on my 2006 dodge charger daytona when I roll my windows down I can hear hissing/whistling noise when I hit the gas is this just the cai taking in air i don't know if it's a dumb question but this is the first time I installed a cai and I made sure everything was tight thanks

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Definitely just the intake...that sweet sweet sound makes every penny you spent worth it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
The Hammer will be louder and should have more of a suction "growl" sound...whistling can mean an air leak....check connections to make sure the rubber didnt fold under. Also check the IAT sensor grommet..

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The Hammer will be louder and should have more of a suction "grow"l sound...whistling can mean an air leak....check connections to make sure the rubber didnt fold under. Also check the IAT sensor drommet..
That's true the IAT grommet can seal poorly sometimes. Most of them aren't made too well, I know the one that came with my cai does not seal well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
you will tend to hear this "whistle" when the throttle blade is just cracked open a little. it is more pronounced in the Hammer design due to the very large opening (6") at the end where the filter connects. its like a big megaphone.......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Air hammer cai

Thanks I checked all the connections looks good just wanted to make sure when I installed the air hammer I can tell a big difference I'm running the 93 cai tune with it now I just need tires I have stock tires and if I stomp on it at like 20mph it's all over the place

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have an original air hammer on my SRT and love the growl as you feed it the gas and air. Sounds totally mean! My brother-in-law wants one for his SRT chalky but doesn't want to fork over the dough for one. Definitely work every penny and the most bang for the buck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts