Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just changed my air filter tody while i was at lunch - i bought the mopar one from the dealer for 20 bucks.... should i have bought the k&N drop in? does it make much of a difference if any in performance/sound?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mopar Performance of Mopar replacement?

If it's the replacement, which for $20 sounds right....you just replaced it with a stock filter.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Here's a vote for the aFe. Freer-flowing than a paper filter, but no need to oil it...

·
Registered
359 Posts
not quite sure about the high flow filters giving better mpg. Seems like the ECU will notice more air and spray more fuel so you're not running lean.
Just a thought

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drove it home from work - didnt notice anything....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just took it out for another spin, felt very peppy - i also changed out the PCV valve - could that of made it feel quicker?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Changed out the PCV valve that should'nt have anything to do with HP gain.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i just changed my air filter tody while i was at lunch - i bought the mopar one from the dealer for 20 bucks.... should i have bought the k&N drop in? does it make much of a difference if any in performance/sound?
If you want a KN drop in, I've got one I'll sell you. I bought it and was pleased with it, but now I've got the mod bug and want to get an AFE stage 2 CAI. I paid $51 for it, still have the receipt, bought it June 2. I'll sell it to you for $30 and include free shipping. Its only got 3000 miles on it. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not noticing a fain in hp - im noticing that my car is not as sluggish as it was...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts