Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently purchased a OEM Chin spoiler/Air Dam for my 2010 Charger SXT from RockAuto. It is their various*manufacturer Part CH1090137. It looks great and sturdy except it did not come with any screws or clips to install it onto the front bumper. It has a couple of square shaped holes across the air dam but I can't tell what would go in there. I called a dealership and they couldn't help either. Can anyone tell me what kinds of screws or clips I will need to install it? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Parts guy at my local dealership tried looking for the plastic rivets needed for the install yesterday and ended up calling Chrylser directly because he could not find it anywhere. The people at Chrysler said that the part Number for the rivets were left off of the catalogue by the engineering dept. and that they would try and figure it out and get back to him in the next few days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have a Harbor Freight near you you can pick up the POM rivets for about $8 and the gun for about $15. My Mopar spoiler came without the installation hardware as well and that is what I did to get it installed (2008 SXT)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a Harbor Freight near you you can pick up the POM rivets for about $8 and the gun for about $15. My Mopar spoiler came without the installation hardware as well and that is what I did to get it installed (2008 SXT)
Thanks for the info man, we dont have that store here but a few days ago I went to the local O'Reillys auto store and bought 8 of the 1/4" size plastic rivets for the air dam. When I took it to the Dodge dealership the installer looked at everything and said everything looks good to get it done. They installed the air dam along with my Daytona grile without any issues except they charged me $24 for parts. I assume either A.) The Dealership is another stealership; or B.) the plastics rivets weren't the right ones or I did not buy enough, in which case I was probably overcharged for parts by the stealership lol! All-in-all the car looks great and the install costed me less than what most of the other Dodge dealers were quoting me so I'm happy. I just wish I knew exactly what rivets Mopar air dams come with in case someone else on the forums needs guidance in buying the parts.*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts