Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been noticing a decrease in power (usually from a stop) the pick up speed is slower and i can no longer break loose on turns i used to slide on everyday. Also last night after racing some integra (i won:D) the oil light flashed on then off really shortly [Is due for an oil change, which im doing this weekend] and then the biggest problem... A wierd click/tick/tap sound coming from the engine :confused: it goes with the throttle (gets faster when pushing pedal) but is there at idle, it has been there for most of the day but goes away or is less noticeable for brief times.
I will try and upload a video tommorow afterschool.

Its a V6 3.5L 2007 SXT 26,000 miles

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Nick take it to Wayne at Moss bros dodge to get it checked dude

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wheres moss bros dodge?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
San Bernardino

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright hopfully i can get there this weekend then, ay no bueno thats what happens when your car was a rental b4 you bought it :slap:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
dude thats no bueno and u need to stop drifting too

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i know i do my tires yell at me everytime haha

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Sounds like the oil you are using is letting you down! There shouldn't be ANY ticking coming from a 3.5L it is all hydraulic and close tolerances.

We make a 12.5w35 QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula 3.5L Polyspheric 4 valve blend that would really help this motor! Get rid of the ticking.

However, you can't fix a hardware problem with software. I agree to get it to the dealer and get an oil pressure check. Maybe drifting, you are putting the oil on one side of the pan and cavitating (foaming) the oil. If you do that while on high performance manuvers, you are running the engine without pressure and that can damage your engine!

Need more filmstrength if you are going to do things like that!:beerchug:

Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like the oil you are using is letting you down! There shouldn't be ANY ticking coming from a 3.5L it is all hydraulic and close tolerances.

We make a 12.5w35 QuantumBlue High Performance Competition Formula 3.5L Polyspheric 4 valve blend that would really help this motor! Get rid of the ticking.

However, you can't fix a hardware problem with software. I agree to get it to the dealer and get an oil pressure check. Maybe drifting, you are putting the oil on one side of the pan and cavitating (foaming) the oil. If you do that while on high performance manuvers, you are running the engine without pressure and that can damage your engine!

Need more filmstrength if you are going to do things like that!:beerchug:

Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
Yeah my last oil change i took it to E-Z Lube so idk what they used. And just wondering what is the difference in your oil that helps? Im gunna look into it and seriously consider buying some :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
His oil uses some space crystals or something that makes it super good. I highly recommend it. My engine got quieter using it but it wasn't that loud with the valves slapping to begin with like some people have complained about. I will say that QB has also made my catch can obsolete with its super powers.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His oil uses some space crystals or something that makes it super good. I highly recommend it. My engine got quieter using it but it wasn't that loud with the valves slapping to begin with like some people have complained about. I will say that QB has also made my catch can obsolete with its super powers.
hmm Space crystals.....good enough for me :biggrinjester: :slap: :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I knew Brian wasn't normal. He knows to much.... Now It explains everything, he's an ET, which is how he gets his space dust. Lmao!!!

Seriously, Brian is the man!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
check your oil man, i got my oil changed awhile back, and they told me i had no oil on my dipstick....apparentally the 3.5 USES oil

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts

A business meeting at the BND facilities.

I think that's Brian on the right.

·
Registered
223 Posts
you starved your engine of oil, thats why the light flickered. By the time you see the light your usually in trouble. I saw the light flicker in my integra, go figure, around a jughandle and siezed a crank bearing.
If there wasnt ticking before and there is now, you may be in trouble and may not be reverible.
Get it checked out asap

and brians oil isnt really oil, its like magic pixie dust suspended in some polymorphic material that massages your engine and created a phscadelic high based off the dust that make the engine think its invisible and probably is.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So how soon can i get some QB?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Call him tomorrow and he'll have it out to you in a couple days.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright how much is it?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Alright how much is it?
i cant be positive....but i think its about 120 bucks for the 1 oil change....BUUT thats 10k miles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts