Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed what I thought was an AH motion hack disc. Install seemed to go fine (green download progress bar loaded, system went back to the "hit enter to proceed screes, etc.).

How can I tell if this is an AH version? The graphics and the map screen showing my home address looked the same as on my AC disk. Didn't really notice any new POIs (although I only had the radio/ old disk for a few days).

I remember using a few new Chrysler company cars and the graphics seemed a lot better on the new units.

When I pull up the "software information" from the menu is there a way to determine what version I have?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I just installed what I thought was an AH motion hack disc. Install seemed to go fine (green download progress bar loaded, system went back to the "hit enter to proceed screes, etc.).

How can I tell if this is an AH version? The graphics and the map screen showing my home address looked the same as on my AC disk. Didn't really notice any new POIs (although I only had the radio/ old disk for a few days).

I remember using a few new Chrysler company cars and the graphics seemed a lot better on the new units.

When I pull up the "software information" from the menu is there a way to determine what version I have?

Thanks.
Once it starts the update it can not be canceled so if you put the disk in and it says it went through the update then it's been updated. As far as I know once and update has been done it can't be undone. I assume you are on a REC unit and not and RER. Also if you are on a REC (Pre 2008 Vehicle) then you would only get 2-D Graphics and not 3-D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. It's an REC.

So no 3-D graphics. Anyway to tell if this is an AG disk?

When you mention "can't undo," does this mean I can't use my AC disk if I run into too many errors?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
You most likely have the AG version of the disc, since there isn't an In-Motion hack for the AH. AH is the same maps as AG, but was released with the sole purpose of disabling that hack. I think carhack.org has the directions to check on which version you just upgraded to.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Yes. It's an REC.

So no 3-D graphics. Anyway to tell if this is an AG disk?

When you mention "can't undo," does this mean I can't use my AC disk if I run into too many errors?

Thanks again!
Yeah you can't go back once you install the new version.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
You can go back at least one version. When I installed AF In-Motion, my factory AE disc would still work. When I put it in, the update screen came up, but hitting enter had no effect.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
You can go back at least one version. When I installed AF In-Motion, my factory AE disc would still work. When I put it in, the update screen came up, but hitting enter had no effect.
You could be right but when I installed my AG it said I could not go back anymore. He has AC and either AG or AH so he should not be able to go back.

:)

Don

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the factory AC disc. Not really sure what version I have now. That's what I'm trying to find out. My guess (and as you mentioned) is I have the AG hack disc but it looks identical to the AC disc. Just trying to find out If I loaded a disk with the potential for "disc errors" for nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts