Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my Daytona, the one issue I had was the lack of a sunroof. I have started to contemplate getting this done, been pricing it...seems like 900-1000 bucks is about the price around here. Should I do it, looking for opinions from other Charger owners.

Thanks in advance. :banana:

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
You want to cut into the roof?

I gotta agree with this statement, aftermarket sunroof just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I've done them twice. As long as it's factory style and is installed similar to factory, they work just fine. The last sunroof I had installed was a webasto power sunroof installed for my Silverado and never had an issue.

Installation is everything. Get references before having it done.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes, it kind of "cool" to have a sunroof, specially looks great on the "Top banana" Chargers.
But:
even with the purchase I knew that it actually useless thing
just recently my kid asked me to open it, and I understood, why I prefer not to open - too sunny in the car, and hot wind destroys all the pleasure to drive in comfort.
IMO, to close the tinted windows, turn on A/C and enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't like them, nor do I use them on the cars that have them. To me its just a place for the sun to discolor the interior, heat the car up more, and another weather strip I have to maintain so water does not get in. I wish I could order the cars without them to save me money.
I also am not a fan because some cars seem to trap the air and people get this strange sound in their ears when they sit in the back seat on some cars.
The only value a sunroof to me is if I got covered with snow or landed in water. Then I could use it as an escape hatch.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't like them, nor do I use them on the cars that have them. To me its just a place for the sun to discolor the interior, heat the car up more, and another weather strip I have to maintain so water does not get in. I wish I could order the cars without them to save me money.
I also am not a fan because some cars seem to trap the air and people get this strange sound in their ears when they sit in the back seat on some cars.
The only value a sunroof to me is if I got covered with snow or landed in water. Then I could use it as an escape hatch.
:clap: This^
This is the first car that I've bought in 20 years that hasn't had a sun roof. That's because I finally ordered one that way. Some people must have them, but idk, every time that I tried to use them I closed them right away due to the sun either blinding me or beating down on me. Personally can't stand them anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts