Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question will sound odd, mostly because I'm confused, but if anybody has insight here, please feel free to chime in.

I just bought an '06 SXT and love the factory stereo, it's not the nav, but just the in dash cd player or what have ya with the factory digital amp. It's got enough bass for me and gets plenty loud enough which is all I really need, I don't plan to get aftermarket amps/subs etc to blow the windows out of other cars as I drive past, I just want to enjoy my stereo.

So my question is this, is the digital amp in the SXT's sound system a seperate device or is it built right into the radio? I ask because I've been looking at getting one of the pioneer in dash dvd players for long trips for my fiance so she doesnt have to use my ipod to watch movies all the time and I'm curious if I get something like that, can it be hooked up to the factory amp to keep the bass/volume as loud as it is now or would I have to get an aftermarket amp because the factory one is only usable with the factory stereo?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Waiting for ChargeronDavins to appear :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts