Charger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my aftermarket anzo projector headlights installed on monday and the guys at the place that are installing it said that the new headlights will be a bit brighter but not a whole lot. so they said they could add a aftermarket HID kit so i said ok. I called earlier today to ask how much it would be and they said they wanted an additional $500 (apart from installing the headlights) for the HID kit. they said that its because dodge runs on something called "DATA" or something they were saying. and they would have to add like 5 relays and a bunch of resistors to make the hid's work on there.
:confused::confused::confused:
Is this a bunch of bs or is it right? and $500 for that ????????

·
Registered
976 Posts
Do you smell that ??? Smells like B.S. DON'T DO IT BRO !!!! They are full of s--t ! I bought HID'S from Autolumination.com for a lil over $200 (lows & fogs) & did the install myself. Took about an hour & a half or so but not difficult at all....& ALOT brighter than stock bulbs...

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you do it make sure they check your blinker fluid while they are ar it. It tends to get low quick in Chargers.

·
Registered
633 Posts
so they said they could add a aftermarket HID kit so i said ok. I called earlier today to ask how much it would be and they said they wanted an additional $500 (apart from installing the headlights) for the HID kit.
they are trying to rape you.
Go in there and tell them to eff off. You can get HIDS for like $40-$100.
Honestly, what a rip off. If you're reading this and it's too late and you already paid, go back and demand your money back. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I agree...there is a special for like $67 bucks for some great HIDS that have a lifetime warranty. Check out dabears2k.com or google it. There is an lx discount still going on at lxforums.
they are trying to rape you.
Go in there and tell them to eff off. You can get HIDS for like $40-$100.
Honestly, what a rip off. If you're reading this and it's too late and you already paid, go back and demand your money back. Good luck.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Don't forget to refill the Flux Capacitor while your at it. btw, my HID's were like 50 bucks a set on ebay.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
That's only because he wanted to refill your headlight fluid while he was in there. :rolleyes: I paid about $50 or $60 for mine.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Big rip off, hell AAC doesnt even charge that

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those guys must be family of Bernie Madoff, for sure!!! Wow, that's a big rip off!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got Em

Update: Got the headlights with HID's installed. it was $600.00 for it all said and done. I actually was able to watch what they were doing. They did alot of work. They installed 3 relays and some resistors and these are high end HID's not those ****ty ebay bulbs. And i got lifetime warantee on there work. It was definately worth it. Where i live HID's and Halo's are illegal. So they wired it so i could have a HID headlight in the projector bulb spot but the new housing also had another spot for a bulb so they put the regular light bulb in there and wired a switch so i could flick the halo's on and off so no ticket from cops. Definately was worth it. Only have one pic of Just the projectors on. none with the halos but it looks way better in my opinion.

P.S - **** is cheaper for you guys in the U.S probably but where i live there isn't many specialty shops.
Headlights 001.jpg
Headlights 003.jpg

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
DDM tuning...the best. Spent less than $100.00 for fogs and lows....took 30 minutes to install.......watch out for the STEALERSHIP

http://www.ddmtuning.com

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Wow...you still let them install HIDS after we told you they were raping you???? I could have bought almost 10 great HID kits for that price!

Update: Got the headlights with HID's installed. it was $600.00 for it all said and done. I actually was able to watch what they were doing. They did alot of work. They installed 3 relays and some resistors and these are high end HID's not those ****ty ebay bulbs. And i got lifetime warantee on there work. It was definately worth it. Where i live HID's and Halo's are illegal. So they wired it so i could have a HID headlight in the projector bulb spot but the new housing also had another spot for a bulb so they put the regular light bulb in there and wired a switch so i could flick the halo's on and off so no ticket from cops. Definately was worth it. Only have one pic of Just the projectors on. none with the halos but it looks way better in my opinion.

P.S - **** is cheaper for you guys in the U.S probably but where i live there isn't many specialty shops.
View attachment 53978
View attachment 53979

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
50-100 dollar hids are the cheap ones arent they? Is he wanting the high end ones that are like on stock escalades?
No..there is no difference, just because its a cadillac dosent mean anything..he is getting b***f*****

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Do me a favor, dont ask ANYONE on here for a opinion anymore, You dont take any advice....and you goy SCREWED. They may have just wired some stuff in, but that dosent mean it is right. And my "cheap" ebay lights are still AS brighter if not brighter....3 years later and for $40...

·
Registered
281 Posts
For the DMM Kits, what would you guys recommend for the pairing? Hi's/Fogs? Not feasible to do hi/lo/fogs? Prolly just blind people at with the brights on lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.