Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony I want in the car pretty bad for the MP3 usage but I dont know what a pain its going to be to get it in there with the stock amp? I would like to use the amp again I just need to know how to tap in.

·
Registered
604 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
I have a Sony I want in the car pretty bad for the MP3 usage but I dont know what a pain its going to be to get it in there with the stock amp? I would like to use the amp again I just need to know how to tap in.
cost of tapping in to the factory amp > cost of buying a brand new aftermarket amp

·
Registered
154 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
I kicked myself for not getting the factory head unit with the MP3. I picked one up on E-Bay for 125 dollars and dropped it in in 10 minutes. It fully intergrated with the steering wheel controls and U-Connect. It was out of a 2004 Durango and just slides right in. Instead of changing out the world, I would go that way. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
lammy said:
I kicked myself for not getting the factory head unit with the MP3. I picked one up on E-Bay for 125 dollars and dropped it in in 10 minutes. It fully intergrated with the steering wheel controls and U-Connect. It was out of a 2004 Durango and just slides right in. Instead of changing out the world, I would go that way. My 2 cents...
IAWTP.

Plus, Sony is total sh|t.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i would do the same as lammy....i got mine with the mp3 ability and love it....i have one cd with over 200 songs on it....it is worth it to keep it factory and will be tons cheaper not to mention the install issues....if lammy can do it anybody can! :whistle:

·
Registered
154 Posts
GoDaddy said:
....if lammy can do it anybody can! :whistle:
Hey I would take offense at that if it weren't true.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what radio do I get I would obvoiusly need one that was already part of an amplified system. If you would be so kind to find me the proper one Id appreciate it. On Ebay I see 100;s of them. All I need is the MP3 on that will use the stock bose 276 6 channel system. And I love my sony but i like factory integrated setups too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
so what radio do I get I would obvoiusly need one that was already part of an amplified system. If you would be so kind to find me the proper one Id appreciate it. On Ebay I see 100;s of them. All I need is the MP3 on that will use the stock bose 276 6 channel system. And I love my sony but i like factory integrated setups too.
Current Bid is 100 dollars

6 Disk MP3 with Cassett

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chry...43947QQitemZ7995350245QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
154 Posts
yep... I installed a head unit from a 2004 Durango and it works like a dream. Just plugged it in and it started up. The E-Bay sellers that I have delt with are good about letting you know serial numbers and part numbers. You can take the part number and cross reference it against Charger part lists to be sure. A general rule that I use is I only buy from people that have at least 100 positive comments in a 6 month period. You now that way that they have a good record and do a lot of business, so you are more likely than not to have a good experience.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey lammy i was just playing that is why the little icon is singing....i was going for the chant route like a cheerleader. sorry if it came off wrong man.

·
Registered
154 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hey lammy i was just playing that is why the little icon is singing....i was going for the chant route like a cheerleader. sorry if it came off wrong man.
Didn't take any offense... That was my dry sense of humor trying to poke through. I have some very thick skin and enjoy a good round of "your mother is so..." every once in a while, so don't even worry about it.

Lammy

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
so what you trying to say about my mother???? lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well she did . . . No im not going to get into this. If I can steal the topic for a second what would be the best way to wire in a Sub amp? I know there is a setup that has a stock woofer is there a way to use that sinal or does it not exist in my car. And is the 6 channel system standard on the R/T its not an upgrade?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts