Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 07 Charger RT with the Road and Track Performance Package on it. The package says this is an upgraded exhaust system...Is it worth swapping this for an aftermarket or is it pretty similar to a better exhaust? I'm very pleased with the car so far, I just hate how quiet it is. I traded in an 05 Ram 1500 Hemi that I put Gibson duals on and I miss the head turning rumble. I certainly don't mind the head turning I get just from the looks of my new car, but I miss the deep throaty sound.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
If you check out my sig. I put mopar on mine and it sounds good and added more to it.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
well if you hate how quiet it is then it is definitely worth it! a 1000 dollar exhaust probably isnt worth it performance wise (10-20 hp and losing a couple pounds), but the sound is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just got a 07 Charger RT with the Road and Track Performance Package on it. The package says this is an upgraded exhaust system...Is it worth swapping this for an aftermarket or is it pretty similar to a better exhaust? I'm very pleased with the car so far, I just hate how quiet it is. I traded in an 05 Ram 1500 Hemi that I put Gibson duals on and I miss the head turning rumble. I certainly don't mind the head turning I get just from the looks of my new car, but I miss the deep throaty sound.
Pick yourself up a Blastin Bob's 350 hp resonated kit. I have a set on my R&T. Less than $250 delivered, no drone, and a nice throaty growl at WOT. A very nice compliment to your stock R&T/Daytona exhaust.

http://www.shop.alliedmuffler.com/category.sc?categoryId=5

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello everyone, I just joined. I need some serious advice. Just bought an 07 Charger SXT 3.5 V6. Hate how quiet it is. Want to put a Magnaflow on there but the couple places I took the car to are talkin about one inlet, dual outlet and run the extra pipe over to the left where there is that spot on the bumper for a dual exhaust that Dodge put there for whatever reason. Guess it's just universal bumper for all Chargers but anyways I can't afford to do more than this as I just bought some 20's. Has anyone had anything like this done? Thanks

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
2 things. You sig only shows on the first post for each page. Second, the Blastin Bobs will get you close to where you want to be sound wise, but cutouts will take far beyond that!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the JBA catback on my R/T and love it. It has very little drone at 60 mph but at 70 the drone is more pronounced. I used to have an F-150 with a dynomax catback on it so the drone does not really bother me. You can check out how the exhaust will sound on your car by going to http://www.lxsoundclips.com and searching around. If you want to be noticed and want a quality system without paying an arm and a leg then JBA is the way to go in my opinion. I think HHP is having a sale on them for around $470 right now. Definately worth looking into.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.