Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time to replace the brake pads is on the horizon. I have been running the mopar pads with the stock calipers and rotors. But what if I were to put on after market pads like the EBC Redstuff? 2 main questions are: Would I run into problems with them not fitting? And would there be a performance benefit, ie, increased stopping power?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I can't speak to EBC pads but in general there shouldn't be any fitment issues as long as the replacement pads are designed correctly.

I'm using Hawk HPS pads with R1 premium rotors (no slots, no holes) and they work great. Occasionally I get some squeal but that's more of an install issue than the pad compound.

When I get a chance I like to bed the brakes but I'm not often on a stretch of road where I'm able to do so.

It is hard to say if they're much better than stock only because I had a bad locked up rear caliper pin so of course it felt much better once that was squared away. My car is a daily driver so I really only need them to work once in a panic stop and these work just great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts