Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my sidewiner installed in a few days, and I was wondering after I get my cam installed, do I have to break it in or can I just get it installed and run the crap out of it?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I am getting my sidewiner installed in a few days, and I was wondering after I get my cam installed, do I have to break it in or can I just get it installed and run the crap out of it?
as with any real mod, i would let it have a break in period. usually 1000 mi before you really get on it. im kinda on the safe side though, there are some who arent and some who are more so.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You dont need to break it in, but probably wise to be easy on it for a day or so. Your car will get stronger after a couple weeks of driving with the new sidewinder though. Enjoy it, you chose wisely.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Reset KAM when you do this. Either the positive to negative terminal way or fuse 11, key on , key off fuse 11 install way. this will reset pcm parameters and allow it to learn the new cam a little faster.

·
Registered
433 Posts
are u installing just a cam? or heads too

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as with any real mod, i would let it have a break in period. usually 1000 mi before you really get on it. im kinda on the safe side though, there are some who arent and some who are more so.
The main reason I want to know this is because when I get my diablo, I want to get my car dyno tuned and I wanted to know if it would be alright a few days after I get the cam to go put my car on a dyno.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
The main reason I want to know this is because when I get my diablo, I want to get my car dyno tuned and I wanted to know if it would be alright a few days after I get the cam to go put my car on a dyno.
that is why it is best to wait awhile. i would do a tune after about 1000 mi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts