Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets get a thread going about aftermarket performance parts. lets include the part #, price and where u can find them in stock. im having a hard time finding the go fast goodies so lets hear from ya. i thank u in advance for the help guys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
copcharger said:
lets get a thread going about aftermarket performance parts. lets include the part #, price and where u can find them in stock. im having a hard time finding the go fast goodies so lets hear from ya. i thank u in advance for the help guys.

I agree, I think there should be a whole new forum like we have with the General Discussion and Problem Discussions so that this thread does not get lost in the shuffle

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Realistically, after we really get some parts, there will be a "Performance parts" area, with subareas for different tech areas. Forced induction, exhaust, suspension, whels and tires.

And of course, vendors will have their own areas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GLHS837 said:
Realistically, after we really get some parts, there will be a "Performance parts" area, with subareas for different tech areas. Forced induction, exhaust, suspension, whels and tires.

well lets get it rockin brotha :rockon: lol i want go fast goodies :rockon:

·
Registered
315 Posts
all the goodies are already out there, they are same goodies as for Magnums and 300's

·
Registered
18 Posts
GLHS837 said:

I think there is enough interest and parts to start this area now. What needs to happen to go ahead and do this?

TTL

·
Registered
161 Posts
TTL said:
I think there is enough interest and parts to start this area now. What needs to happen to go ahead and do this?

TTL
Agreed

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
TTL said:

TTL
Click your heels together three times and...... No wait, that's not it

Rub the lamp....... No no no..... Darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, PM Ekool :happy:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Magnaflow and Borla both have full exhaust kits out, AirRaid and K&N at least have their intakes out, I think there are others out there. GS Motorsports has a Supercharger kit out there, Eibach has a lowering kit out, AirLift just released last week a bolt-on air ride setup for them, wheels & tires can go for miles

·
Registered
630 Posts
SEDave, thanks for the link.

I was reading through their offerings and found I had a question for the informed folks here. They had the Dynatech SuperMaxx header system. This maybe one of the mods I will make to the Daytona after a good break in period (allows for time to save up for it). One set is regular and the other set has ceramic coating. My question is what performance (or other) benefits are there to this process. Is it worth the extra $250?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Dyno graph on my stock Charger before and after Dynotech Headers

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
the ceramic coating helps keep the engine bay temps down, by keeping more exhaust heat in the exhaust system....

there is a benifit from this, however, with daily drivers, this seems to be a debate...

If I was racing the car, and wanted very benifit I could possibly get... they yeah, the 250 is well worth it... if anything just to keep engine bay temps down

from a daily driver point of view... some say yes, some say no... I say do what your budget can afford... if the extra 250 is no big deal... go for it... however if you only have $XXX amount to spend on aftermarket, then going for no ceramic could get you the headers and a CAI for the same price as just ceramic headers.... when I was going to put headers on my truck... the benifit vs cost for ceramic just wasnt there... ceramic worked out the be double the price...(shorties)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ceramic also looks better longer, they don't discolor like normal headers or factory exhaust manifolds...looks like they add some real hp and torque to the wheels as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ceramic coatings have a couple of real benifits.

If your headers are not SS, its almost a must to get them coated, so they don't rust.

The coating also lowers engine bay temps.

and then the fact that it keeps the heat inside the primarys instead of heat soaking the engine bay helps keep velocity up increasing performance.

Honestly I would not buy another set of headers with out the ceramic coating. Just not worth it. Headers are a PIA to install as is, why not just spend the money upfront and have better perorming headers that will last longer

·
Registered
630 Posts
Daytona_R/T, chargershed, and vsop, thanks for the explanation. This was something I had read about on headers, but was never able to know why they did it. If the time comes to put headers on, I will probably go with the ceramic. I like the idea of holding the engine bay temps down as much a possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts