Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone running an aftermarket battery on their 2008 SE? Im looking at Yellow top optimas online and I was wondering if I would have any fitment issues because of the batteries location. Im fairly sure i remember my dealer saying the battery was custom fit or something?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
There are aftermarket batteries, your dealer is trying to sell you his battery, which given that there are only three companies that make car batteries in the US, the Mopar one isnt special, just has the Mopar label on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well do you have an preferences? Or any links that I might be able to check out? As far as I know a yellow top optima isn't compatible with my vehicle.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I'm running a blue top Optima in my SE+. The Charger uses a reverse terminal battery, meaning the positive and negative terminals are switch compared to most batteries. Makes it a tight fit with the stock cables getting it in. Would be a good time to start the big three upgrade with a better longer ground cable to help make it fit better.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running a blue top Optima in my SE+. The Charger uses a reverse terminal battery, meaning the positive and negative terminals are switch compared to most batteries. Makes it a tight fit with the stock cables getting it in. Would be a good time to start the big three upgrade with a better longer ground cable to help make it fit better.
Can you tell me what model # you have? I want to buy a yellow top for my 08 AWD SE+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts