Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my log screen with all the gauges I don't see AFR. Am I missing it? If it's not there can I make it display it? Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Do you have the extra sensor put in your exhaust and plugged in to your Trinity's AUX connector?
Once that step is done, click the screen, add new gauge, watever size, and add an afr gauge.
The Trinity does not read AFR through obd2 as our cars dont read it.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the extra sensor put in your exhaust and plugged in to your Trinity's AUX connector?
Once that step is done, click the screen, add new gauge, watever size, and add an afr gauge.
The Trinity does not read AFR through obd2 as our cars dont read it.
Damn no I don't have an extra sensor. That's lame! My car keeps throwing a code saying the post cat fuel is too lean.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
The catless mids are causing your false lean reading....either ignore or have Johan give you an updated tune turning your downstream sensors off..

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The catless mids are causing your false lean reading....either ignore or have Johan give you an updated tune turning your downstream sensors off..
I have the 02 extenders...I'm guessing they aren't working?? I'm thinking about buying the simulator harness and plugging those in. I have OBDII emissions testing here so I can't have the sensors turned off. I don't think I have steel wool in the extenders. If I put some in do you think it'll help?

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
I have the 02 extenders...I'm guessing they aren't working?? I'm thinking about buying the simulator harness and plugging those in. I have OBDII emissions testing here so I can't have the sensors turned off. I don't think I have steel wool in the extenders. If I put some in do you think it'll help?

Steel wool works sometimes...you may need to double up on the extenders.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steel wool works sometimes...you may need to double up on the extenders.
Okay I'll give the steel wool a shot first. I can just unplug the sensor and stick the wool right in...I'm guessing.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would double up the the extenders stuffing the steel wool in the first extender...dont let the sensor tip touch the steel wool....
Okay I'll look into that. After reading it says the P2096 code and P0133 codes (which I'm getting) usually aren't caused by going catless. I keep seeing leaks or bad sensors. I have no leaks and the sensors look good. The one code says sensor one/bank 1. Which would be the upstream driver's side sensor is bad. But the SRT mechanic I talked to today said those rarely go bad.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
I have seen many P0296 and P0298 lean codes after removing cats or going with high flow cats....very common....do a search on this forum and you will find dozens of threads about P0296 and P0298.........I have the P0298 myself (post cat lean right bank) after installing 200 cell high flow cats...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen many P0296 and P0298 lean codes after removing cats or going with high flow cats....very common....do a search on this forum and you will find dozens of threads about P0296 and P0298.........I have the P0298 myself (post cat lean right bank) after installing 200 cell high flow cats...
Okay let me post a picture of the 02 spacers I have. They're a lot longer than most use and I'm having issues.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388459359.289240.jpg

I guess I can get another non-fouler and screw it in to see if it helps.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Okay...you have the actual extenders...I was assuming anti-foulers.....just add steel wool to what you have........
Okay not to sound stupid...but can I just unscrew the top part and jam the steel wool in there? Or is there some special technique to prevent it from slipping though the extender and going into the pipe? And what type of steel wool...I've seen all kinds of different crap in all the threads.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Okay not to sound stupid...but can I just unscrew the top part and jam the steel wool in there? Or is there some special technique to prevent it from slipping though the extender and going into the pipe? And what type of steel wool...I've seen all kinds of different crap in all the threads.

Just push it in...use stainless steel wool,,,

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just push it in...use stainless steel wool,,,
Perfect. I'll buy a pack of non foulers and add one to each side. I'll stick the stainless steel wool in the bottom fouler. I found a few good threads over on lx. They said to pack it tight up to the point where the threads start. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I doubt the steel wool or the antifoulers is going to help you. You really need to have the tune adjusted for those mids. On a 2010 and up 5.7 even a set of stock 6.1 cats with muck up the signals back to the PCM.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I doubt the steel wool or the antifoulers is going to help you. You really need to have the tune adjusted for those mids. On a 2010 and up 5.7 even a set of stock 6.1 cats with muck up the signals back to the PCM.
Adjusted how...Johan already tweaked it after I had the mids installed. He turned the over temp protection off and said he adjusted a few things. We went back and forth until the car felt good and st knock was down. He said it all looked good. What should I tell him to adjust?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Well you're going to have to convince him to adjust the emissions settings for the catless mids. He may not do that.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well you're going to have to convince him to adjust the emissions settings for the catless mids. He may not do that.
Not to sound stupid...but what exactly does that entail? Can I just say hey Johan, adjust the emissions settings for the catless mids? I complained earlier about the codes and he sent me my tune with the rear 02s shut off as a temporary fix. After loading the tune and listening the car's idle seemed smoother and it didn't smell as bad. That could have just been in my head though.

If he won't change it is there another reputable email tuner I can contact that won't kill my bank account. Thanks again Erik, your input is always valuable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts