Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie here.

My employer offers the Daimler Chrysler Affiliate Rewards program. I registered today and got my control #, good until 12/31. However the Affiliate Rewards site has no mention of the Charger. Anyone know if the Charger can be purchased with the discount? I'm asuming the SRT8 wont' be, but I'm interested in the SE or the SXT. Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
154 Posts
I called for the same thing because my company does it as well. Ddge is not planning on offering this on the affilates rewards site at all. I asked if it would be on later, and they said not in the first 6 months and then they would re-evaluate it... So it didn't pan out, but it also didn't stop me from ordering my Black Beauty... Can't wait getting too impatient now though.

·
Registered
630 Posts
ninerjoe said:
My employer offers the Daimler Chrysler Affiliate Rewards program. I registered today and got my control #, good until 12/31. However the Affiliate Rewards site has no mention of the Charger. Anyone know if the Charger can be purchased with the discount? I'm asuming the SRT8 wont' be, but I'm interested in the SE or the SXT. Thanks.
Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum. My company also has the affiliate program, but I learned back in May when I first started looking into the Charger that it would not be part of the program. Thankfully, my wife's company had a Business-to-Business relation with a local dealer and was able to get a very decent deal on a Daytona (invoice +3% or about invoice +$1000). Don't know about your area, but if you are a member of a credit union they sometime have associations with auto brokers who can also get great deals on cars. Do some checking, the deals are out there if you look for them.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey niner, welcome to the forum, good luck on your purchase :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, that really sucks... I was planning on getting a 2006 Mustang V6, but then I found out about the Dodge discount and figured I could get the SE for about the same price. I like the Mustang, but with a baby due in Feb., 4-doors would be sweet.

Come on Dodge, get with the program! :angry:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Grab your company code and go here. Once you log in, there's a page that tells you what cars are excluded from the plan.

HTH

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I to have the affiliate discount.
DCX does not offer the discount on any charger and none of the other Hemi LX cars.
Regardless of what they tell you, sails dictate whether they offer a discount. So wait and see what the GM discounts do to sales.
________
Marijuana Bubbler

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
maneval69 said:
I to have the affiliate discount.
DCX does not offer the discount on any charger and none of the other Hemi LX cars.
Regardless of what they tell you, sails dictate whether they offer a discount. So wait and see what the GM discounts do to sales.
Do you think they'll ever offer the discount on the Hemis? I'm not in a position to buy right now, but maybe in 6 months to a year, I wonder if they'd be discounted. (Or I'll just buy slightly used...)

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Judging by an article in the Wall Street Journal, it want be any time soon.
The Hemi equipped cars keep DCX in the black. Here is the break down of the hemi production.
41% of 300s are Hemi
46% of Magnums a
52% of the Durango
And at the time of the article the Dealer orders for the Charger where 72% hemis.
The article goes on to say that the Hemi equipped cars are no more costly to produce than the v6 model. But with discounts available on V6 models it is estimated DXC gets $10 thousand more for each car.
The article came out last week but it references 1st quarter 2006 and 2005 sales numbers.
But here is a glimmer of hope.
When I was at the dealer when my brother bought his Charger, I heard on of the sales guys talking about the 06 magnums poor sales and I have notices they have only sold one Charger (to my brother). They now have several in stock I will be keeping an eye on them to see how they sell. I am planning to order a charger later this year. I want the Road and Track Performance package.
________
Web shows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts