Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guyz I'm interested in purchasing the aFe 54-10712 CAI.

I found it for $243.78 DELIVERED to my door. It seems to be a good price wanted to get some feedback(s) on price or concerns on intake if any before making my purchase.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TBYRNE posts them on E-Bay for $199+ $10 shipping
I just visited the TBYRNE website and they are selling the aFe 54-10712 for $299.99 plus shipping not $199.

Did you mean to say/type $299 instead of $199?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
TBYRNE has the AFE 2 + Diablo for $499.00 + shipping. Makes the AFE right around $200.

$240ish delivered is the best I have seen it, but did not look long since I did the AFE2+Diablo deal.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
send them a PM. most of the prices on the website are way over the actual price. if you want anything else like a cat back, they'll also give you a package price. tbyrne has the best prices on the web. no doubt.

and the 199 was talking about an ebay auction, not the website price. they dont have an afe stage 2 on ebay right now, but they do have the volant for a pretty good price..

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/ebayproducts.htm

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Their online prices are much higher than when you call them, so, call them.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
order from Souther Hotrod.
they are a forum vendor.
other forum vendors Admit that they cannot beat the prices of southern hotrod on the AFE stage 2.

i got mine from them
i think it was like 250 shipped or so.
great guys to work with too

·
Registered
183 Posts
Southern Hotrod is the ticket. Cheaper, and delivered FAST!!! Can't go wrong! And once it's on....:) you're gonna be smilin'!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I guess the price that I found of $243 delivered is the BEST price I will find period.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Since you already have the Road & Track package will the intake do anything for your charger?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It'll help open up the intake a bit, regardless of having the larger stock intake or not..

It'll also help the engine sounds louder. :)
I hear the statement SMSCHARGER1 made a lot... that it's basically a waste of money to replace the stock CAI on a RT w/R&T.

So basically I will NOT gain anything near what aFe claims on their website!!?? With the exception of a deeper/louder sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Well, I don't know.. Horsepower claims by any manufacturer are questionable, but opening up the intake and exhaust are the first recommended steps for any performance build.

The first thing I noticed when I added the Mopar CAI was that the intake was louder with a nice gulp sound to it. After a few months, I put my stock intake back in to paint the intake tube and I definitely noticed a small decrease in the pulling feeling the car had.

Does an air intake of any kind give you 10 horses? It's arguable, even though I believe their are Dyno results posted somewhere over on LX.

I would gather that you'd see more performance from any aftermarket CAI than you would see between the standard and Road and Track stock intake.. The differences between those two are minimal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the info elcobra... I'm assuming you have the R&T package!!??

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I hear the statement SMSCHARGER1 made a lot... that it's basically a waste of money to replace the stock CAI on a RT w/R&T.

So basically I will NOT gain anything near what aFe claims on their website!!?? With the exception of a deeper/louder sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

Get it, You won't be disappointed. I put it on my Daytona and all I can say is WOW. You can feel the slight peformance improvement but the WOW factor of the sound is incredible. Good choice.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The way it's seems to stand for this air intake question on most of the forums is that the Airhammer and AFE create some "real" hp, with the Airhammer edging out the AFE by about 2rwhp. It seems the AFE is good for about 8-10rwhp and the Airhammer is good for about 10-12rwhp. But, it does so at a much higher purchase price. It's a beautiful piece, and you have lots of appearance options, too. But, I can't warrent the extra price difference. If I could, I may have gone that route.
The remaining aftermarket intake setups seem to produce about 5rwhp or so.
The biggest difference I see between the Airhammer and AFE vs. the rest of them, is that these two (and possibly the Airraid) run intake pipes that are very large at the filter end, and neck-down to TB size at the small end. I would assume this is the secret to these intakes creating higher horsepower numbers. Almost all of the other aftermarket intakes run an intake tube that's the same size at both ends. Look at the factory SRT, R/T and, Daytona intake pipes and it's similar in that it's large at the box end and smaller at the TB end.
I personally went with an AFE (haven't installed it yet, though), because of purchase price, for and extra 2rwhp. Also, I "think" that once the car is on the street and not a dyno, the steel tube of the Airhammer "may" heatup enough to lose any additional power over the AFE and it's molded plastic intake tube.
Hope that helps some.
Abe

1 - 20 of 46 Posts