Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have AFE STAGE 2 CAI And I was wondering if all of you that has one has the same problem. When Accelerating on the Gas is it suppose to make like a wine like a little high pitch sound when u step on the gas?? is this normal ??? Please let me know thank you .:eek:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Do you hear it all the time? Or only at a certain speed/rpm range?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not a high pitch whine ... it's more like a growl/roar. Maybe you have some type of vacuum leak? check your setup again and your connections. Make sure that everything is sealed, and the sensor is on correctly on the tube.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually all the time when I step on the Gas . I was asking because my go mango was squeaking all the time when driving down the road and I just put on new break pads on the front and rotors resurfaced at the vacaville,ca dodge dealership so I was think if they didn't do the Job rite or if it was the intake ??

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Not sure if it's the intake...did you notice this before the brake change???

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i know what hes talking about
a cai brings it out more.
i noticed it STOCK
its a whistling sound from the throttle blade being slightly open around 20% throttle.
its like having a coke bottle in the wind or blowing on it and making it whistle. it only does it at certain angles

i have a sneaking suspicion that you only hear this sound under LIGHT throttle correct?

its the throttle blade being partially open and having a whistle to it.\ as the air goes by

ok. this is my conclusion on my own guess. and personal conclusion. sooooo....
dont hold me to it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i noticed it STOCK
its a whistling sound from the throttle blade being slightly open around 20% throttle.
its like having a coke bottle in the wind or blowing on it and making it whistle. it only does it at certain angles

i have a sneaking suspicion that you only hear this sound under LIGHT throttle correct?

its the throttle blade being partially open and having a whistle to it.\ as the air goes by

dont hold me to it.
^^^^^that would have been my response as well i get the same noise sometimes with the Mopar Intake...

·
Registered
330 Posts
i noticed it STOCK

dont hold me to it.

I had that as well the first few months after installing mine. I don't notice it anymore though. I don't know if it went away or if I just don't notice it anymore becuase I got use to it.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Yes, I have a slight whistle. I think that you'll get some on just about any intake (some will be more noticeable). Certainly not as much as a throttle body spacer, though.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not a high pitch whine ... it's more like a growl/roar. Maybe you have some type of vacuum leak? check your setup again and your connections. Make sure that everything is sealed, and the sensor is on correctly on the tube.
Hi yea I checked to see if everything was and my husband did too. Think that is just the noise the Cai make Because my friend has a grand national with a cai on it too and it makes a wine when he steps on the gas or accelerates .

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i noticed it STOCK

dont hold me to it.
Yea uner light throttle or if you come to a stop and accelerate

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^^^that would have been my response as well i get the same noise sometimes with the Mopar Intake...
Do you ...:smile: yea so does my friend that has a cai too . I think its Just the intake

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had that as well the first few months after installing mine. I don't notice it anymore though. I don't know if it went away or if I just don't notice it anymore becuase I got use to it.

LOL good one , yea thinks its the CAI's

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I have a slight whistle. I think that you'll get some on just about any intake (some will be more noticeable). Certainly not as much as a throttle body spacer, though.

Yea you are right thats what my friend told me too.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My Pontiac GTP with CAI did it too. The stock air boxes are made the way there are for a reason.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Same whistle here...I believe its normal.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
im tellin yall it IS normal. its from mid-low throttle position with that blade at just the right angle it causes the air to whistle as it goes past it.

having a CAI mplifies the sound a ton.

its very hard to hear with a stock airbox, mostly because they dont want you to hear it in a "sedan"

ill take my performance instead thank you very much! you get used to the whistle tho. its noises like that(and otehrs from exhaust and such) that give me a feel with where my throttle is opened too, what gear im in, how hard the car is working, etc.

i like being able to hear it :)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Hi yes I found out the rpm's that its happening at its between 2,000 - 3,000 rpms when u step on the gas at about 2,000 like a wine air sound, are you all getting this sound too around those rpm area's ?? wounder if its normal.:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts