Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFE STAGE 2 any tricks to the install? sensor detach and attach is there a cut out for the sensor in the stage 2. any actual power gain per dynos, dont want to hear all this mumbo jumbo on seems faster or qucker, real number, also how is the sound. If i have super 40's will they just override any additional sound afe may make or will it just add deeper tone

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I dont know any tech info but I can tell you the install is simple. I did it in under 30 minutes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Careful with the sensor. A little oil lube might help. Power? Not sure. Sound? Oh yeah, very noticeable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I used lube the sensor to get it out of the stock tube.
There is a grommet that you put the sensor in and then insert in to the cut out on the AFE tube.

Very easy install.

I can only say that I feel like I felt more power and that the sound is greate!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Two mistakes I made. The shield goes over the long end of the tube with the plastic molding inside the box. First time I had to take the CAI out.

Place the rubber grommett onto the sensor and use a small screwdriver to work the lip into the intake. I placed the grommet first and then tried to work the sensor into the grommet. Grommet slipped out the other side. The second time I had to take the CAI off.

Third time was the charm though. It's in and runs great. I question any change in power but it sure looks good.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys thanks a lot very helpful stuff much appreciated, any of you guys using the predator as well on a RT, whats the settings used if so

·
Registered
56 Posts
AFE STAGE 2 any tricks to the install? sensor detach and attach is there a cut out for the sensor in the stage 2. any actual power gain per dynos, dont want to hear all this mumbo jumbo on seems faster or qucker, real number, also how is the sound. If i have super 40's will they just override any additional sound afe may make or will it just add deeper tone
Use silcone lube and a pair of vise grips to grip the sensor. twist it back and forth and around to remove and install it. Also the flang of the air tube needs to be installed on the correct side of the metal bracket. Read the instructions.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did use the silicone lube but vise grips sounds like a bit much to me (to each his own though). I just put on a glove and firmly twisted until the sensor came out.

And definately make sure the air tube is in their correctly. I had to re attach mine. It seems like all 4 bolts will only go on when correctly attached.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts