Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my AFE that I bought from Tbyrne on the discounted AFE/Predator for $499 combo. It was too good to be true that the Predator would have gotten here the same day, even though I kept my fingers crossed-no Predator, just the Intake.

Problem: The Sticker on the side of the box says: 2005-2006 Dodge Magnum 5.7

I checked the part number against the part number on AFE's website and it is different.

Question: Will this work on my 2007 Charger RT?

I sent Tbyrne an email, but he must have been gone already and I am in no way trying to slam him or his company, I just want to install it but i don't want to waste my time.

Thanks

P

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've got the same intake, and it works fine on my Charger. Just pay attention that you put the tube through the metal isolation plate correctly or you'll be hitting your hood.

Good luck!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Oh and 1 little trick for the air temp sensor, carefully dremmel out the hole just a little, and use dielectric grease.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got mine from a different vendor and said the same thing. I contacted aFe and THEY told me it would fit :)

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it installed. Apparently AFE has a different part # for the 07 and TByrne said I could ship it back for a credit, but I installed it and it fits/works just fine so I'll keep it.

The sound is amazing and it "feels" to be pulling stronger - could be in my head with all the other voices, so it's in good company!

·
Registered
131 Posts
The sound is amazing and it "feels" to be pulling stronger - could be in my head with all the other voices, so it's in good company!

I agree completely after installing mine yesterday. :smoke:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh and 1 little trick for the air temp sensor, carefully dremmel out the hole just a little, and use dielectric grease.
I should have tried that. I spent over an hour finding the grommet and sensor because until I held onto both and wiggled them just right, they kept popping out.
The sound is awsome.
Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts