Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a similar question in the Forced Induction area but nobody seems to answer there.....

I am about to supercharge the SRT8. I am going with a set of Aeroforce guages. Right now I am leaning towards two Interceptors. However, one Analogic and one Interceptor may be a choice. Right now, for certain, I am getting the Wideband O2 sensor to give me the A/F Ratio and the boost sensor for the boost level. What I am undecided about is the EGT.

The main difference between the two is that the Analogic does not connect to the ODB2 but it has four analog inputs and built in support for exhaust gas temperature (EGT) sensors without the need of a separate amplifier. The Interceptor pair would give me two connections to the OBD and more data to display but each would only have two analog ports.

SO..... the opinion I am looking for......

Would you go with the combo of the Analogic and Interceptor or simply two Interceptors? Why?

Second....

Do I need the EGT data on a supercharged car? I can see the need for EGT on turbos b/c of the fact the exhaust is driving the turbo. On a S/C engine is it necessary?

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have two Aeroforce gauges; I have the O2 wideband connected to one gauge by-way of an analog input, and an EGT to one of the other I/P's. I still have two more analog I/P's left, plus I get to monitor a plethora of relevant OBDII data that automatically scrolls at whatever time-base I have set. One of the LED alrams montoros oil pressure, the other alerts when more than 1.5 degrees of timing has been pulled.

Makes for a very tidy installation with a dual-gauge pod on the A-piller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts