Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's official. After forum research and talking with the guys over at Group5, I purchased the AEM headers and high flow cats. What an unbelievable system. This is not the same car. Yes, it looks the same from the exterior, but let me tell you it's changed. Turn the key, you can feel it and hear it. The hair stood up on my arms the first time I turned it over. The performance is phenomenal. I don't have any numbers yet, but I can tell you that reaching the shift point is so quick now. The AEM set up is hands down the best compliment to the aFe and Corsa systems. This system works on all the LX models with the 5.7L displacement. The fitment is great and the sound is that of a race car on the track. Special thanks to group5motorsport.com who once again pointed me in the right direction. These guys are the greatest. They know performance and take care of you all the way.

AEM 4-Into-1 Ceramic Coated Mild Steel Headers w/Catalytic Converters
SKU: DHR7611
AEM's original race-inspired design for enthusiasts who live in the upper RPM range.
Dyno tuned and tested against the competition for maximum performance
CAD-rendered, race-inspired 4-into-1 design emphasizes top-end power for road racing applications
Mild steel with ceramic coating
4-Into-1 header is designed for maximum top-end power and features lightweight CNC machined flanges, CNC mandrel bent tubes, and robotic TIG welded construction. AEM's true trapezoidal merge collector unites the precision-mitered primaries for a smooth transition, reduced turbulence, and increased ground clearance. The high-quality 1018 mild steel construction is ceramic coated for optimal heat insulation.

Before

Good bye OEM

Hello AEM

Close Up

Nice fit

Under view

Peekaboo I see you!

·
Registered
522 Posts
looks pretty sweet. got any sound vids?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hmmm....5-posts and this incredible testimonial!!! I am sure this system rocks, however, am curious why this system is better than some others? In fact, from looking at the pics of the Headers and the Hi-flow cats, reading the specifications, I swear the only difference between this system and mine is that mine came in a MOPAR box........But hey, who am I to question sounds like and advertising plug?????

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
NICE....lets get a listen

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm....5-posts and this incredible testimonial!!! I am sure this system rocks, however, am curious why this system is better than some others? In fact, from looking at the pics of the Headers and the Hi-flow cats, reading the specifications, I swear the only difference between this system and mine is that mine came in a MOPAR box........But hey, who am I to question sounds like and advertising plug?????
Thanks for the response. Don't let the 5 posts take you off guard. I'm just new to Charger forums. I've been on LX and others for more than a year. Just wanted to share with the entire LX family. Who knows, maybe AEM is the manufacturer for the mopar setup????

·
Registered
84 Posts
That is exactly the mopar kit. I just put that exact kit on my car. right down to the amount of zip ties. That is Mopar with an AEM badge on it. every bend on the headers are the same, the O2 sensor extensions. everything.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
That is exactly the mopar kit. I just put that exact kit on my car. right down to the amount of zip ties. That is Mopar with an AEM badge on it. every bend on the headers are the same, the O2 sensor extensions. everything.
So who's cheaper?

Plus, holy sh*t:
Hello epoch it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Several WEEKS, really? Fatherhood makes time go twice as fast!

·
Registered
308 Posts
!!!!WARNING!!!!DO NOT BUY FROM HOWELL!!!!

Ok, now that thats done. Those are some nice looking headers. Where did you get them and for how much if you dont mind me asking? What are they coated with if anything? What other mods do you have? Sorry for all the questions. Glad you like'em.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
!!!!WARNING!!!!DO NOT BUY FROM HOWELL!!!!

Ok, now that thats done. Those are some nice looking headers. Where did you get them and for how much if you dont mind me asking? What are they coated with if anything? What other mods do you have? Sorry for all the questions. Glad you like'em.
From what I know, AEM is the manufacture for the mopar kit. I'm sure everyone realizes that mopar doesn't make this stuff themselves. With that said AEM website lists the price at $1163.40. Now we know that you shouldn't pay that price directly from the manufacture. Unless you want to purchase direct. It's your choice. I purchased the AEM set up from group5motorsport.com because they are local to me. Just my preference. You would have to contact them directly for pricing.

My other performance mods are: aFe stage II CAI, Corsa catbacks, superchips and KWV2. There are too many visual mods to list.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wonder if they'll come out with a set for the 6.1L?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Group 5 ouch man they were always overpriced!! but to each there own if anyone is interested in these I can get them at a good price and install them as well.

now theres a plug!!!!!

And guys SMK is a good guy He has been out to our meets incuding rickie an ronnies. He is not a noob and has Very clean car indeed

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yeah definitely does look like the Mopar set. More of a mid-length tube with smaller collectors than say Kooks. I've seen a lot of happy owners with those Mopar headers.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Several WEEKS, really? Fatherhood makes time go twice as fast!

No S _ _ _ !! Glad mine are done and over with.....I thought I was going nuts there for a few years....

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yup....Pretty sure those are the MOPAR tubes.....I paid $935.00 w/ the Hi-flo cats.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts