Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the AEFIS stage 2 carbon fiber CAI.......will post my honest opinion on it after putting some miles on it to and from work later tonight.

I will say its a VERY well designed unit and extremely light......the tube slides into the airbox which has a rubber seal that fits/molds around the tube allowing no engine bay heat to get into the airbox......the airbox has a lid that screws down and covers the filter like the factory box does, the airbox seals completely to the "fender hole" to pull cold air from, and the airbox has a snorkel piece that goes behind the headlight /grille (which I have a 4" hole cut out of to allow cold air right through the grille into the snorkel).......the interior of the tube is not smoothe like most intakes, its got a golf ball texture to reduce drag and a built in velocity stack

No pics yet, in the middle of moving and my camera is at the other place.....but here is someone elses pic, this is exactly what it looks like:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
man i really like the looks of it, if you dont mind how much was it. i like the way it seals up around the filter

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Looking nice :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^^ Yep........thats the exact same one installed in my car, literally

Let you guys know what I think about it later tonight when I drive home from work

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you able to install the snorkel lastnight?
After I installed it last night I took it back out.......Re-installed the correct way with the snorkel today right before I went to work, so now its in properly. Havent had too much time with it yet on the road, but im suprised at how throaty it sounds for being sealed in that box

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
After I installed it last night I took it back out.......Re-installed the correct way with the snorkel today right before I went to work, so now its in properly. Havent had too much time with it yet on the road, but im suprised at how throaty it sounds for being sealed in that box
It's loud.....

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Honestly it looks like Chit. but i hope it helps performance.... I would keep some kind of look compared to all function. Just sayin......

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Honestly it looks like Chit. but i hope it helps performance.... I would keep some kind of look compared to all function. Just sayin......
I wasnt too fond of the shape but then It grew on me a little.........painted gloss black / sublime it will look pretty good, if I ever get that far.......but........at the end of the day I can careless what it looks like.......thats what the outside of my car is for that people actually see when Im driving down the road..........this is just something that contributes to me looking good driving down the road quicker.........I already had a show quality airbrushed / painted Airaid and decided to try a different route

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Yeah never liked the way it looked but if all those crazy performance gains are true i want one. It will look sick when you get it custom painted.
BTW how long did it take you to get it?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
looks good... I know you've been wanting one for a while now:bigthumb:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i was just looking at the carbon fiber one on their site earlier. Til i saw the $500 + they wanted for it :sick:

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
BTW how long did it take you to get it?
i was just looking at the carbon fiber one on their site earlier. Til i saw the $500 + they wanted for it :sick:
I didnt get it directly from AE Carbon.........I got it from Rich (CRF450RR), so I got it rather quickly and he gave me a great deal on it..........Yea the carbon fiber stage 2 I have is about $670 shipped if bought new off the site.

Worth that much? probabaly not.........but so far, this kicks the chit out of the C&L, Airaid with scoop, and OEM SRT box with drop in filter Ive had previously

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
I didnt get it directly from AE Carbon.........I got it from Rich (CRF450RR), so I got it rather quickly and he gave me a great deal on it..........Yea the carbon fiber stage 2 I have is about $670 shipped if bought new off the site.

Worth that much? probabaly not.........but so far, this kicks the chit out of the C&L, Airaid with scoop, and OEM SRT box with drop in filter Ive had previously
I believe you can fill in the blanks for me

They better ______ me and _____ me for $600.

:grin:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
So very nice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts