Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had four major repairs to my 2006 Charger in the last four months. Three were covered under the warranty and one was an out of pocket expense. Three of the four times, the car had to be brought to the dealer on a flatbed. So I contacted Chrysler LLC to find out if they were willing to make any concessions and/or buy back my vehicle.

I just got off the phone with a rep who reviewed my case. Chrysler LLC will only buy back a vehicle under the terms of the lemon law in the state where the car is located. Unfortunately, my car does not fit within the terms of Michigan's lemon law because I haven't had the same problem occur multiple times.

Despite being put in very dangerous situations during two of my car's breakdowns – one in which my life was threatened, they did not feel the need to buy back my vehicle. However, the representative did offer his assistance in making sure the dealer takes care of me the next time something happens (Was he kidding?!).

The dealer that made the repairs is awesome and has taken good care of me. My beef is not with the dealer. It's with the manufacturer over the fact that they produced a product which has proven to be unsafe. I am now looking into other options. Any advice on what to do?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Look at the bick picture regarding Chrysler.. 12,000 job cuts proposed. In other words they'll do whatever to reduce costs. There priority may not be work in your interest.

I ran into a issue like this in 2000 with a Navigator. I found a lemon law attorney on Ford Rd in Garden City.. A few months later I was reimbursed for everything & Ford had to pay the lawyer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Look at the bick picture regarding Chrysler.. 12,000 job cuts proposed. In other words they'll do whatever to reduce costs. There priority may not be work in your interest.

I ran into a issue like this in 2000 with a Navigator. I found a lemon law attorney on Ford Rd in Garden City.. A few months later I was reimbursed for everything & Ford had to pay the lawyer.
Bingo, call an attorney.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
X2. Do a search on here for Lemon Law. There's at least 2 I know of who had to go through this... patience and a good lawyer, and they got different cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Thanks, I have an attorney on the line and she's ready for a fun case like this. I was hoping to not go that route due to expense, but chances are this is going to cost me no matter what I do.

Thanks so much!

X2. Do a search on here for Lemon Law. There's at least 2 I know of who had to go through this... patience and a good lawyer, and they got different cars.
I wonder if they fit within the parameters of the lemon law. In Michigan, the law states that you must have the same problem occur "four or more times..." I've had four problems, but they have all been different ones.

I'll check it the other threads. Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I'm pretty sure most of the Lemon laws are related to the same problem happening multiple times.
Sux, good luck

·
Registered
363 Posts
You said the dealer was very good to you. It might be worth your sanity to just cut your losses and see if they will give you a decent trade. Not sure how you feel about Chrysler products now though, hopefully they sell other cars

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
There's always a chance they finally fixed it. I had a 2000 Mustang that had some issues and it qualified for the lemon law, but I enjoyed driving the car and wasn't eager to lemon law it. After the major debacle that involved a month in the shop at 12,000 miles, the car was much better and by the time I sold it at 80k miles, I had never had to pay out-of-pocket on a repair.

Of course, my Mustang never left me stranded, either...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Doesn't sound like the lemon law applies to your situation unfortunately.
Like you said it needs to be the same issue repeating for it to apply. I'd
think your best chance might be with your dealer.

What were the safety issues?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Even though you have a bad situation in PA the lemon law is if your car is in 3 times for the same problem that is mechanical. Not just 3 or more problems. No matter what they are.

I hope you get it all taken car of. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
It would be a real shame if it got "stolen" right about now.....

:D

Best,

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ok, I have had Chrysler buy back a lemon and I ran into the same thing. Look in the book that came with your car. [required by law] there is a number to a federal lemon law arbitrator. Chrysler can scream and cry all they want but they have to follow the Federal arbitrators directions. "in fact I got several threatening letters from Chrysler". The Federal law supersedes the state one but Chrysler will try to keep you from finding that out, or at least that's what they did to me.

I won't go into the whole story but don't spend money on the lawyer. Call that number. And yes the lemon law covers you if you have three or more of the same/similar type of problems but it will also cover a car that just has problems one after another, it's just harder to prove.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts