Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have figured out all the menus but this one. I took a piture of the screen but can't get it out of my phone. So I will type it up as it appears

AutoHLSens: 155 (I know this is for the auto headlights, but how does the number determine when they come on)

TC: 80 155 (this is adjustable, no idea what it changes)

Thld: 152 A (no idea)

ABduty: 0%

Anyone know what all this is? It has been driving me nuts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?????

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Okay, I have figured out all the menus but this one. I took a piture of the screen but can't get it out of my phone. So I will type it up as it appears

AutoHLSens: 155 (I know this is for the auto headlights, but how does the number determine when they come on)

HIGHER THE # THE DARKER IT HAS TO BE FOR THE LIGHTS TO COME ON.

NOT SURE ABOUT THESE OTHERS...MAYBE IF I SAW AN ACTUAL SCREEN.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I believe the higher the number, the darker it has to be to turn on the headlights. 60 -155 must be the range. If you lower it, your headlights come on earlier. One thing I noticed, it doesn't take when you change it. It reverts back to the default setting after a restart. I think a Starscan tool is required to make it stick.

152 must be the threshold at which anything below 152 will turn on headlights. Such as driving under a bridge.

AB duty is maybe the maintence schedule, but I don't think this function readout is used. Maybe something like I drive 10%A and 90%B driving, and it will adjust the maintenence schedule for you?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont remember that screen on the 2006 I had...may be new for 2007 or I just forgot..sorry, I cant help you here but someone will chime in...
No problem I appreciate you taking a look and trying

·
Registered
928 Posts

auto HL sensor/thld (which ever changes when you cover the sensor) = how much light is coming into the light sensor in the dash right now. this is an average so it changes slowly if your not having actual rapid changes in the amount of light available.

TC: you can adjust this from like 75 to 255 (something like that), this is the light level at which you auto headlights come on. i have this set at something like 215 in mine, they turn on a bit before dusk. just play with it till you find what you like. but remember they dont turn on right away unless the average is at or above the number. so change it a little at a time.

and i believe the AB duty is for the daytime running lights, they effectively flash your light on and off really really fast, once they are on i think this shows 30 or 30% which what they are operating at in the day.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i was fooling with this today because it seems the auto headlights never come on unless it is totally dark.

i think the THLD (threshold) is what you change to modify the turn-on setting.

here is what i observed with...
THLD already set to 192.
My AutoHLsens and TC initially at 35

when i covered the sensor on the dash
-AutoHLsens immediately increased to 248
-TC slowly increased and stopped at 247
-lamps turned on when TC passed threshold value of 192

so i still dont know what TC is and why it is adjustable!!??

by the way, the THLD has a "play" symbol preceeding it and the TC has a "music note" preceeding it so i think they are meant to be user adjusted.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I have a quick question...on the EVIC, the mph gauge. always says 0mph even when im under WOT. Is it supposed to move? my EVIC is version 6.10

I'm talking about this screen here----v
It's a digital readout of your current speed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah but mine always says 0mph. I've had it on and switched back and forth to it when im driving, at both street and freeway speeds. Always says 0 even when cruise control was on at 65. Is there something I'm missing here? i saw a video on youtube, and it was moving up at the same time as the needle when the guy was accelerating.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
try pushing the trip reset button in the fuel gauge to cycle through the trip meters and the mileage odometer.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
yeah but mine always says 0mph. I've had it on and switched back and forth to it when im driving, at both street and freeway speeds. Always says 0 even when cruise control was on at 65. Is there something I'm missing here? i saw a video on youtube, and it was moving up at the same time as the needle when the guy was accelerating.
that's weird. Mine works great. I use it at times to set my cruise so I am in that "sweet" spot on another screen it will show your rpm engine temp and speed does the speed on that screen show you real speed?

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, The screen that displays engine temp and rmps also shows my speed currently and it moves accordingly. The big screen that I'm talking about though this one

it always shows 0 mph. even when the other screen shows the actual speed.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
yea I know you were talking about that one. Just weird that that one doesn't work the other does is all I was gathering. I have no idea why one would and one would not. Both of mine display the same speed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
yea I know you were talking about that one. Just weird that that one doesn't work the other does is all I was gathering. I have no idea why one would and one would not. Both of mine display the same speed.
I think the difference here is that one is an SRT8 and one is an RT R&T. My best guess is that it is an SRT8 only feature and the RTs don't get to play. My 2008 RT is the same, 0 mph always.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I think the difference here is that one is an SRT8 and one is an RT R&T. My best guess is that it is an SRT8 only feature and the RTs don't get to play. My 2008 RT is the same, 0 mph always.
I have an 07 R/T and I haven't ever had this problem. I would give the dealer a call and see if they have heard about this issue before.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.