Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a trufiber scoop, and I'm lookin' for some insight on a strong adhesive to use. I would use the 3m tape, but I've heard enough horror stories about scoops flying off on the highways from using that stuff. I'm wonderin' if there's something better or maybe a liquid adhesive that someone could recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
/wonders how long it will be before the "anti-scoop" police show up.

Not sure about sticky stuff on paint, but I would be worried that something super-crazy sticky would mess up my hood--just in case you wanted to take it off.

I was just thinking out loud . . . but I'm sure someone will chime in with a suggestion . . .

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I'm installing a trufiber scoop, and I'm lookin' for some insight on a strong adhesive to use. I would use the 3m tape, but I've heard enough horror stories about scoops flying off on the highways from using that stuff. I'm wonderin' if there's something better or maybe a liquid adhesive that someone could recommend?
Whenever we have put something like that on the body of a car, we use 3M Plastic Emblem Adhesive. Like liquid nails for your car body.

IMHO.

Thanks
Brian :bigthumb:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just an "antiscoop" for the time being, I'm gonna make it functional... But as far as liquid nails, would that properly adhere to paint?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
It's just an "antiscoop" for the time being, I'm gonna make it functional... But as far as liquid nails, would that properly adhere to paint?

I am sorry, what I mean is that the 3M plastic emblem adhesive is what you need. NOT liquid nails.

I was saying is like a liquid nails for your vehicle (the 3M adhesive)

Brian

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Do you think that is something that schucks, napa, or autozone would carry?

Usually you would find it in a commercial store that sells automotive paints, pinstriping, and body filler. Typical 3m Dealer etc.

Check yellow pages or call a local body shop and ask them where they get their supplies for paint and autobody etc.

Good luck!

Brian
BND Automotive LLC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts