Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local discount tire recommended me to inflate my tires (hankook ventus k104) 245/40/20 at 38psi..... is this correct? or would you recommend a different setting?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
My local discount tire recommended me to inflate my tires (hankook ventus k104) 245/40/20 at 38psi..... is this correct? or would you recommend a different setting?
thanks!
If it were me, I'd prolly be putting 36-38 for normal driving, 40-44 for high speed driving. Bearing in mind the slightly higher pressure will result in the centre part of the tread 'potentially' wearing more quickly. :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey arf! thanks for the tip! good to see you around here again!!! Missed you bud!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
hey arf! thanks for the tip! good to see you around here again!!! Missed you bud!
That is very kind of you to say. :)

Oh - you also might want to chuck the pressures up to 40-44 if you are going to be carrying a lot of weight. But do bear in mind, that the harder the tyres become, the greater the risk of skidding on wet roads. So don't go mad with the pressure - especially if it is pouring down! :grin:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again... Im mostly afraid of damaging the tires due to hard roads here in mexico, specially the ones with potholes all over them.....Ive seen bubble damage on low profile tires due to this and improper tire pressure.....

Did you like my wheel/tire setup arf? now be honest!!!! You being this forum's top poster makes your opinion really valuable!
you can see them here:
http://gallery.mac.com/jarpod#100013&view=null&bgcolor=black&sel=0

I was going to buy the same tires you did but they are really hard to find
anyways, tell me watcha think!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
thanks again... Im mostly afraid of damaging the tires due to hard roads here in mexico, specially the ones with potholes all over them.....Ive seen bubble damage on low profile tires due to this and improper tire pressure.....

Did you like my wheel/tire setup arf? now be honest!!!! You being this forum's top poster makes your opinion really valuable!
you can see them here:
http://gallery.mac.com/jarpod#100013&view=null&bgcolor=black&sel=0

I was going to buy the same tires you did but they are really hard to find
anyways, tell me watcha think!
Oh dear - I think you've made a mistake with that brand - they're avoided like the plague in Europe...... NOT! :D

Hankooks are quite a popular brand in the UK. In fact, the Ventus was one tyre I considered, but I was in love with the KWD,s.....

Oh - and BTW - a pothole can totally screw just about any tyre - it's purely luck (although the lower the profile, the greater the risk). :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh dear - I think you've made a mistake with that brand - they're avoided like the plague in Europe...... NOT! :D

Hankooks are quite a popular brand in the UK. In fact, the Ventus was one tyre I considered, but I was in love with the KWD,s.....

Oh - and BTW - a pothole can totally screw just about any tyre - it's purely luck (although the lower the profile, the greater the risk). :)
hahaha you wanka!
thanks bud! I would have loved to meet you IRL, but hey I live in Monterrey Mx and Laredo TX... I really considered going to your beer call, but duty calls... being a lawyer you cant be away for a very long time... we are like doctors....:confused: :confused:
anyways, some other time! Dont forget about us once you get to the UK!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hows about this tip.
Start with the pressure around 36ish.
Get yourself a nice thick piece of chaulk, and run a line of chaulk accross the tread of your tire.
If it wears in the on the sides first, add a bit, repeat.
If the line wears in the middle, drop her a few lbs.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
hahaha you wanka!
thanks bud! I would have loved to meet you IRL, but hey I live in Monterrey Mx and Laredo TX... I really considered going to your beer call, but duty calls... being a lawyer you cant be away for a very long time... we are like doctors....:confused: :confused:
anyways, some other time! Dont forget about us once you get to the UK!
Yeah - I know all about duty calling! :grin:

I'll pop by evey now and then to call all y'all wanka's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts