Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have an 07 RT with the REC radio and factory VES and Bluetooth uconnect. Is it possible to add an iPOD hookup without losing the VES or my Sirius Sat radio presets??

the stealership said, the mopar iPod interface with work without losing the VES or the sat radio. is this true? anybody have the mopar with this radio?

THANKS
Mike in NY
Yankees Rule!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
mmm check with other dealer if you can... yes, you can loose the stations in the memory or something like that, but in theory, you can connect the pod with all your actual stuff...

check in ebay for other kind of integration

·
Registered
473 Posts
The mopar unit (and every other unit for that matter) that works with the REC is simply an expensive FM modulator. Soooo, it just plays thru your radio on like 88.9. You can still use steering wheel controls for volume and song selection on most and they don't disable VES or Bluetooth because they don't interfere with niether. Mopar's unit is from 150-250 (which I don't know why cuz the stealership gets'em for 98 bux) and aftermarket units (only 2 that I know of whose names escape me) are around the 100-130 range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts