Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is crazy...i have a 12volt air compressor,and i have 30psi in my stock tires now,and for some reason i cant get more in them...like i said im using a portable compressor,im going to stop by the gas station and try there compressor...i checked the gauge and added air to my wifes car with no problem...i noticed the valves on the charger seems to have different insides then the normal valves....does anyone know that maybe the portable compressor does have enough pressure to fill these tires...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
That could be ... depends on the compressor , it should be marked on it. I would by a GOOD digital tire guage to put air in the tires. Overinflation is as bad as underinflation.Also make sure when you air the tires up they are cold. The pressure rating in tires is a COLD rating.

Scott

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the valves are different because they are 90$ air meter sensors. You 'll need something with more nuts than a portable compressor. And its not the valve thats limiting you. The bigger the tire the harder it is to get the same air forced into it. Hard to explain but just use a different method. Your wifes car is probably something with smaller diameter wheels or smaller tires at least

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
listen to this..i put on rt valve caps i purchased on ebay...im guess they came with little rubber o rings in them..i examined the tire valve and seen a rubber o ring around the inside of the valve stem i pulled them out,and now i can add air...lol...these valve caps are nice and come with a key chain wrench to tighten and i guess when i tightened them the o ring work its way inside the stem itself...lol...now i have 32 psi and im happy...thanks for all your help and suggestions..

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
this is crazy...i have a 12volt air compressor,and i have 30psi in my stock tires now,and for some reason i cant get more in them...like i said im using a portable compressor,im going to stop by the gas station and try there compressor...i checked the gauge and added air to my wifes car with no problem...i noticed the valves on the charger seems to have different insides then the normal valves....does anyone know that maybe the portable compressor does have enough pressure to fill these tires...
same thing happened the other night when i was putting air in my girlfriends maxima:knockout:

·
Registered
739 Posts
same thing happened the other night when i was putting air in my girlfriends maxima:knockout:
It always trips me out when I do something to my car, and you guys post the exact same thing when I come to the forum.

Actually, I didn't have any problems, but I used a Black & Decker portable air compressor on the SRT tires about 15 minutes ago. Then, checked with my digital gauge. I did notice that one tire took a bit longer and made the compressor stutter (for lack of better word) a bit...but really, no problems.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
listen to this..i put on rt valve caps i purchased on ebay...im guess they came with little rubber o rings in them..i examined the tire valve and seen a rubber o ring around the inside of the valve stem i pulled them out,and now i can add air...lol...these valve caps are nice and come with a key chain wrench to tighten and i guess when i tightened them the o ring work its way inside the stem itself...lol...now i have 32 psi and im happy...thanks for all your help and suggestions..
okay, this happended to me too. what did you do to fix it? i understand remove the little ring but did you or can you remove the rings without any problems like moisture and then rust.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
It always trips me out when I do something to my car, and you guys post the exact same thing when I come to the forum.

Actually, I didn't have any problems, but I used a Black & Decker portable air compressor on the SRT tires about 15 minutes ago. Then, checked with my digital gauge. I did notice that one tire took a bit longer and made the compressor stutter (for lack of better word) a bit...but really, no problems.
Do you mean the tire pressure monitor on EVIC?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
those o rings are in there to keep moisture from getting into sensor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts