Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For quite a while now I've wanted to replace the ugly gray wire loom covering the fuel rail crossover tube with some black loom

Today I finally did it, and while I was at it, I also covered the plastic tube that goes on the driver side of the engine to the back
and then to the solenoid on the passenger side under the hood.

I'm hoping to do a 2009 5.7 intake manifold soon, but for now this will do ...

Also, I have a spare coolant tank that I'll have painted matching silver soon :)

What do you guys think ? :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
looks very nice Gabe i wish mine looked that nice, i need a strut tower brace

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
pssssttt... BT Fuel Rails! :shifty:

:D

·
Registered
539 Posts
damn, thats a clean engine. i have an '09 5.7 and the only difference i see between our engines is that i have no egr tube. did i mention that your engine is clean?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks very nice Gabe i wish mine looked that nice, i need a strut tower brace
Thanks Julio ... it's definitely worth getting ... only took about an hour to install ... ;)

Looks good. What's different in 2009 with the intake?
Supposed to flow much more air than the 05-08 intake, about the same as the 6.1's aluminum unit, but without the alloy heat soak problems ...

The 05-08 5.7 manifold is known to run out of steam about 5500 rpm or so (maybe even sooner)

pssssttt... BT Fuel Rails! :shifty:

:D
Ron, that would (will ? :D ) be a great addition .... :grin:

damn, thats a clean engine. i have an '09 5.7 and the only difference i see between our engines is that i have no egr tube. did i mention that your engine is clean?
Hehe ... thanks :) but I don't have an EGR tube (anymore) either .... LOL

Any chance you can post up some underhood pics with the engine cover off ?

I don't think I've actually seen the 09 intake yet ... LOL

·
Registered
539 Posts
yeah, i noticed the BT egr block off plate and i was going to order the same thing but when i looked under the hood there was no tube to take out and block off. 2nd pic shows it better.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
im definetely looking into it, maybe ill get the stack performance one

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Gabe...looks great!!!

What size loom did you use?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Looks great, Gabe. As you know I went red in mine a few months ago. It's a very simple mod to DIY but it cleans up a lot.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, it definitely cleans up the look .... and I love how much that crossover tube blends in now ...

I actually added a little more loom today ... I installed some onto 2 wires that were exposed on the passenger side of the engine bay, and some onto the cable that runs on the driver side and goes down in-between the inner fender and coolant tank ..

An updated pic :) :

And I'm now done with wire loom :)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts