Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to add Sirius to my 07 SXT that only has the cd player. Will the controls show up in my radio or will I have to have one of those *IMO* ugly little boxes beside my radio?
I think that one of the vendors makes a kit, am I right?

***hehehe I've been waiting on this forum to ask the question :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Actually mine came with the radio installed already as a feature of the car. I was actually going to post and see if they all came with it now. There is a tiny little attena on the car and when you hit mode on the cd player it switches from regular radio to satellite. No ugly boxes or anything. Don't see why it wouldn't be the same for you to get it installed.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Also to clarify the antenna doesn't look like an antenna, it's just a small little node stuck on the back of the roof of the car. Don't have a pic handy but it's not big, noticeable or ugly or anything like that. Can't even see it in my pic below.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I saw it installed, The dealer that located my car couldn't find me a sxt with the options/color + sirius like I wanted so I settled for no sirius....lesson to all don't settle!!!!!!! And don't listen to your hubby when he says you don't need a v8

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
So to install it it has to look all ugly? That sucks. I didn't even request Sirius, it was just there. And though I never used it before in my life I don't think I'd give it back now lol. I love that blue collar comedy radio. Good luck with finding something that works for you. I didn't realize it had to be a big ugly box.

·
Registered
608 Posts
yeah its the exact same radio you just go to AUX 2. I wish mine had all the fancy bells and whistles you get from all those after market radios but you can not imagine how good it is to not have 5 minutes of commercials or "Heavy rotation" to deal with.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Also, if you get it installed, you don't have to drill a hole in the roof for the antenna.

Just remove the center child seat ancor on the back window deck and feed the wire though the hole from the ancor and sit the antenna there.
It works just as well as outside mounting but no holes drilled in your car! (have 2 cars, one with roof antenna and one on back deck, reception was the same for both.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, if you get it installed, you don't have to drill a hole in the roof for the antenna.

Just remove the center child seat ancor on the back window deck and feed the wire though the hole from the ancor and sit the antenna there.
It works just as well as outside mounting but no holes drilled in your car! (have 2 cars, one with roof antenna and one on back deck, reception was the same for both.)

This is the info I am looking for, Thanks! Can you elaborate on the route you ran the wire from the back shelf to the unit itself? Did you vent mount the Sirius receiver?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I bought a receiver so I could have it in the house also.

Here's where I mounted it. I mounted the antenna on the rear window using double sided tape and velcro. Most people don't even notice it's there. I had it on the rear deck until I tinted the windows then didn't get any more reception so I had to move to the outside of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts