Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through the various threads but didn't really see one that answered all my questions about the Adaptive Damping vs. "standard" suspension....

I'm considering a 19 ScatPack WITHOUT the adaptive suspension. Daily Driver that will go to/from work mostly on well paved Florida roads. 20 Miles a day.

Question(s):

Adaptive suspension reliability? Anyone seen more/less problems vs. standard suspension.

More expensive to repair and replace when worn vs. standard suspension

Which one would give me a better daily drive?

I like the idea of being able to select a "sportier" mode when I'm feeling like it...but electronic suspension means more expensive in the long run...so maybe the "standard" suspension is good enough.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Florida has great roads for sure.

My SRT Challenger with the 3-mode adaptive suspension is 3 years old over 20,000 miles and not a single issue with it.

Definitely more expensive if the need arises, those adjustable struts are over $500 each but I don't hear or read of many problems with them.

The 3-mode without question gives the bettet ride, in street default it's very smooth. I also think the 275 tires ride better than the 245s.

You could say that about every option, yeah it's more complex and expensive to fix but it takes the car to another level. This is the main option that always made the SRT so special compared to the R/T's and now it's finally available in a non-SRT and no way would I pass it up.

Just my 2 cents!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I was planning on the 275 tires...summer of course.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I've never read of any problems with the adaptive suspension. I know it rides better than the regular scatpack suspension does. If it was me, since the 2019's made it available, that would be 1 option I'd be looking for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've never read of any problems with the adaptive suspension. I know it rides better than the regular scatpack suspension does. If it was me, since the 2019's made it available, that would be 1 option I'd be looking for.

Thanks. Seems like the only option I'm not interested in is the block heater and the Daytona Equipment Group.

I'm wishing for:

19 Scat Pack
F8 Green or maybe Indigo Blue or F8 Green or Indigo Blue
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Dynamics Package
Plus Group
Technology Group
Navigation and Travel Group
Harmon Kardon Audio Group
Driver Confidence Group
275 P Zero Summer tires

MSRP would be about $53K with destination charge.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Thanks. Seems like the only option I'm not interested in is the block heater and the Daytona Equipment Group.

I'm wishing for:

19 Scat Pack
F8 Green or maybe Indigo Blue or F8 Green or Indigo Blue
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Dynamics Package
Plus Group
Technology Group
Navigation and Travel Group
Harmon Kardon Audio Group
Driver Confidence Group
274 P Zero Summer tires

MSRP would be about $53K with destination charge.
That would make for a very nice car!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The adaptive damping suspension looks like a nice option, and not that expensive! If I were ordering a Scat Pack I would order that before the Beats Audio or sunroof! I am surprised we don't see that option on many Scat Packs in dealer inventory. I just noticed today that you have to get the Dynamics package (with 275/40R20 tires) along with it for another $2K. Makes sense still a good deal though. To get that before you would have to order an SRT and spend another $10K!

GTO_04

1 - 7 of 7 Posts