Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to my new son arriving, we recently got a killer new shop! So it just seems that I haven't had time to do full writeups on some of the rides we do. I thought I'd have just one good spot, where I can showcase some good before & after pics or 50/50 shots. Whether it be via paint correction, seat resurrections, interior salvation, or engine bay revivals. And that way I can highlight some of our projects, without having to put together a full writeup. Stay tuned for regular updates to this thread!!

There's a few things I'd like to PRECEDE these pics with first of all:

1) All polishing in these pictures, is done with either one of the three polishers > Flex 3401, Rupes LHR21 Bigfoot, or occasionally Flex PE14-2 Rotary. The polishes used are either Adam's old 3-step system (no longer available, long gone), but the majority of these are done with Adam's new 2-step correction system & pads, Found here:
ADAM'S POLISHES 2-STEP PAINT CORRECTION SYSTEM

2) All interior work in these pictures, is handled by Adam's interior products. In our interior details, we introduce steam cleaning as an additional cleaning tool for the tight areas. But usually, in what I do, heavy cleansing is needed, therefore we go straight to this combo on the seats, steering wheels, and door panels:
ADAM'S POLISHES INTERIOR KIT - ADAM'S TOTAL INTERIOR DETAILER

3) All engine bays in these pictures, are cleaned & nourished with Adam's products. We believe in a non-greasy, non-attractive CONDITIONING treatment for the plastic and rubber components, not "cheap dressings" used by other shops. For healthy cleaning & conditioning, here's what we use:
ADAM'S ALL PURPOSE CLEANER - ADAM'S DETAILING BRUSHES - ADAM'S Super VRT - ADAM'S IN/OUT SPRAY

4) All photos taken are our property, taken with no filter, no glazes, no waxes, no fillers. The paint pictures are taken RAW, to show pure results, unfiltered!!! We have the incredible great fortune, at Insane Paint Auto Detailing, to have a professional automobile photographer as part of our team/staff/posse (or whatever you wanna call it, lol). So any shots you see with "B Birdwell Photography" are courtesy of his mad skill. However, like always, they are undoctored.

We will start with our most recent project, a HIGHLY neglected 2004 Audi A4. Here it is, taped up before polishing, to show the soon coming 50/50 pic. HEAVILY oxidized hood, roof and trunk.

Just another angle on the same oxidized hood, prepped for polishing.

A few 50/50 shots.

This is JUST after heavy compounding, we still had final polishing to do at this point.

Trunk lid BEFORE.

Trunk lid AFTER.

Marring left behind from previous owner's attempt to "debadge"

Taken care of.

Here's some interior shots from a 2000 Lexus LX470 with 247,000 miles on it, that we SERIOUSLY resurrected!

Tailgate jambs handled with a tightness.

Lower tailgate dialed in.

Seat arm rests cured of years of dead skin & grime.

Seats saved.

Cloth speaker grilles DELICATELY cleaned of spilled drinks.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Engine bay severely neglected in maaaany ways. BEFORE.

A few closeups of the AFTER.

Had a 2005 Infiniti G35 in the shop recently, for a bit of salvation. Owner was honest, said it had been neglected for a couple years!

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

50/50 on the driver's seat

Trunk Jambs BEFORE

Trunk Jambs AFTER

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More....

These are just some general 50/50 pictures, of various paint corrections we've done. Again, these are shot RAW, after Adam's Correction Polish ONLY. No fillers, glazes, waxes, etc.

Cranked hard on a Mercedes E550 awhile back. Here's a few from that project:

BAD trunk lid. This was just after initial compounding. Still had final polishing to do after this pic.

Hood

Some shots from a neglected 2013 Honda Goldwing F6B we did a few weeks ago. For a new bike, she was beat up pretty good. It wasn't in the budget to go for "perfect" so we just did our Light Polish Revival Service on this one. Still made about a 80-85% correction!

50/50 on the left saddlebag.

Front fender BEFORE:

Front fender AFTER:

Ferring BEFORE:

Ferring AFTER:
A few interior shots. Starting with a 2006 Range Rover:

50/50 on the steering wheel

50/50 driver's seat

50/50 passenger seat

Shift knob engraving before

Shift knob engraving after

We realized we didn't get quite ALL of it out after this pic, so we obviously went back in & finished gettin' the crud, lol.

2011 Vette ZR1 seat save.

Engine bays on a 2008 Toyota Sequoia & 2011 Mercedes GL450

BEFORE

AFTER

A couple closeups on a white Range Rover paint correction - 50/50

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More....

Here's a few from a 2009 Honda Accord, with 88k miles, that we have in the shop right now....

It's not in the budget, for this car to get "perfect." But with our Light Polish Revival Service, and Adam's Polishes, here's what we're getting!

Preciate y'all hangin' out with me!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much gentlemen!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fantastic work, but that's what I expect from a professional detailing shop. Nice to see Adam's products working so well. I'm sure my paint will take a beating this winter, but I'm already looking forward to polishing it next spring. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did some work on a 2011 Jaguar XJL. This car was built to compete in the class with BMW 7series & Audi A8 territory. This was my first time getting up close and personal with one....loooooooooooooved it!!! However, the dealership did one of their famous HACK job "buffs" on this girl.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would love to know if you had a shop in Central Florida that uses your products and does this type of work?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Inspiring to say the least.
Preciate ya buddy!
I would love to know if you had a shop in Central Florida that uses your products and does this type of work?
This page will help, enter your zip code at the top, to refine the search:

ADAM'S POLISHES DEALERS
Also, how did you clean up the head lights and tail lights with the swirl marks?
Treat your headlights and taillights JUST LIKE PAINT. They have a clear coat on them, so it works just the same. :) Polish the lights, the same way you'd polish the paint. A 4" pad system works great though, especially on curvy lights, as a bigger polisher can be awkward, and not have proper contact. Shop this page, for the 4" microfiber & 4" foam pads.

ADAM'S POLISHES & PADS

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The owner's of those poor neglected vehicles need to be punished...
Haha. YESSIR.....I think the same some times. But then I remember what I do for a living, lol. So maybe I won't spank them, lol.....:)
This thread makes me want to go outside and wash my car.
Lol. That's good brother!
Can you use the same compounds on the lights as the paint?
Yes. Treat them JUST like paint. No differently. So yes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We did a 2011 Bentley Mulsanne on Friday, here's a few closeups from that correction!

Happy Sunday everybody!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Preciate ya buddy!

This page will help, enter your zip code at the top, to refine the search:

ADAM'S POLISHES DEALERS
Thanks, no one listed for several hundred miles.

If you don't mind, let me ask. How do I qualify a shop? The last pictures of the Blue car are exactly what I have going on. I can't afford for someone to screw it up more.

Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, no one listed for several hundred miles.

If you don't mind, let me ask. How do I qualify a shop? The last pictures of the Blue car are exactly what I have going on. I can't afford for someone to screw it up more.

Thanks
Well....I don't live in FL, so I'm not sure what else to tell ya.

I would do a Google search for "paint correction in...(your area)" or
"auto detailing" and I'd ask for a website. I'd ask for before and after pictures. I'd ask if they're licensed & insured. I'd ask if they use a Flex & Rupes D/A polishers (It's good if they do). I'd ask what brands of products they use.

Then FOLLOW UP WITH ME BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE an appt. I WILL HELP YOU. :) If you can do a little research, I'll help you find a good spot. :) My cell is 205-907-6214, call or text.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks Chase, I appreciate the offer and advice.
I am out of town traveling in China for work, plenty of time to do some web searches, home work, and surfing so I will try and put some contacts together and when I get home get started on it.

Talk to you then.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts