Charger Forums banner

Adam's Polishes Graphene Detail Spray

5K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Mantis 
#1 ·
Ok well I picked up a bottle of this to try out and I gotta say it's wonderful.
I used it as a drying agent and a detail spray on a dry car and it's pretty damn amazing. So if you used detail sprays in the past, you usually use it as a drying agent or a dust wipe down spray or as a nice touch up after you washed your car and might have a few water runs from water being in cracks. This new detail spray also has protection in it and you can use it between protection coating for another layer of protection.

Iv'e been using Adams Polishes CS3 for this job as well as regular detail spray. But after trying the Graphene out, I'm switching to it. The Slickness on your paint afterwards and when applying is on another level.

graphene-detail-spray™

#2 ·
If you use a towel and any product on a dry car to wipe away dust, you ain't doing anything but making sandpaper and destroying your paint. That is the number one way of creating paint damage, followed closely by incorrect washing techniques.

Reactions: Mantis
#3 · (Edited)
And that's one of the biggest pains in the ass with black cars is that fine layer of dust is so noticeable and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it unless you do a full wash.

Reactions: Junkman2008
#4 ·
I think everyone needs to own at least 1 black painted car just to understand and appreciate the archaic effort it takes to keep it clean and polished, shiny or whatever surface condition you want to call it.

I enjoy the one car I have in black paint, but never again. I used everything from the notorious California Dustsr, 2 bucket wash, drive through non contact car wash and finally settled on a portable power wash and Ego 48 volt leaf blower to clean and dry it. It gets 2 waxings a year just so I feel like I'm doing something positive for the paint job. And it gets no spray applications at all anymore. It's become one gimmick on the market after a another. They will have my attention and money when they make one product that magically and permanently repeals dust, dirt, bugs, bird poo, road grime & tar, water and puts a glossy shine on the car. Until then I'm ok with the power wash and leaf blower.

And knock on wood I haven't YET lost my grip and chipped or cracked a window or paint with the wand.

#5 ·
I simply don't have the time anymore and my car is 8 years old with 143k miles and a daily in the Northeast, so keeping the black paint flawless is not going to happen.

I used to do a full strip twice a year and go at it with a clay bar, polish, wax, and then sealant. I had plans to do it this year and with the kid and sports didn't have the time. I did a wash and a coat of NuFinish that I've had for years and it still looks better than 90% of cars on the road.

Just washed it yesterday for the first time in about 6 weeks.

I saw a few different Graphene products the other day and couldn't justify the price. The think that I always have trouble with the sprays, even in my dimly lit garage, is spotting.

Glad it worked for you.

#7 ·
I only drive my Scat Pack a few times a week. I drive it to work, then I'm in my Work Truck for the week and then bring it home Friday night. I have it home for Friday night, Saturday , Sunday and Monday. Then back to work on Tuesday and it stays there until Friday night.

I wash my car each week usually Friday night when I get home. Or I wait if i'm tired I wash it Saturday morning before the Sun gets up to high. Owning a Black car I agree, it's hard to keep it perfect but I do a pretty good job, use all proper washing technics , high quality products towels wash mitts etc and I use a foam canon.

I always use a drying agent and also use a leaf blower. The drying agent keeps the paint lubed while using a contact drying towel which I have all high quality models from Griots Garage , The Rag Company and Adam's Polishes.
I'm also a X detailer so I know exactly how to maintain Black paint. This is my second Black car and with todays spray technology, it's makes it much easier then ever before.

Don't give up or think that spray protectants are a gimmick or a rip off. That is the old man in you speaking. It's far from true as these products todays are far superior to the ones I used back in the 80's and 90's.

Graphene is here and it's the next level of coatings that help protect your paint. Yes we can go down that road if you want to talk about the amount, the molecule etc about it between each brand but overall these are simply fantastic.

So on a side note, I really enjoy spending time in my garage. I'm in the middle of remodeling it , hanging more Craftsman Tool storage cabinets , repainting and laying a new tile floor.

#16 ·

Don't give up or think that spray protectants are a gimmick or a rip off. That is the old man in you speaking. It's far from true as these products todays are far superior to the ones I used back in the 80's and 90's.
With age comes wisdom and knowing how to work smarter not harder.

During the past year and a half i saw people who had a lot of time to spend with themselves and with that the need to self distance. Busy body work was that self-escape. But it also created obsessions. The world has opened up. Put the spray bottle down for awhile and enjoy it. Just avoid the mud puddle.

#8 ·
If you own a black car and you really want to avoid water spots, wash it INSIDE you garage.

Now I realize that most folks don't have this option because you have no drain inside your garage but if you are remodeling.... here's your chance. Then you won't have to fight the sun when it comes to drying your car and you won't have to use anything to fight the water spot issue.

Now I'm also going to offer you some advice by saying something without saying out loud what I'm really saying because I'm kinda sworn to secrecy. Hopefully, you will catch on. If you are buying towels from TRC, don't buy them anyplace else. That's all I can say. 😶

#12 ·
It's really good advise but many of us don't have a drain. I wash when the sun goes down or before it comes up and then pull into the garage to avoid water spots. The Drying agent also helps with water spots.
I have 2 leaf Blowers one is corded and one is battery. The corded Toro is more powerful and does a better job faster then my Milwalkee 18v Battery operated one. I like the battery so I don't have to drag a cord around.

Do any of you guys use a battery leaf blower? I wonder if there is a better model for drying your car, more so getting into the cracks where water loves to live.

#10 ·
I always wash in my garage. My neighbors probably think I'm the weirdo. They'll be out on a bright Sunny day thing it's prime time to wash and then have the Sun help dry!

If it's cool and cloudy I may wash in the driveway, but it's mostly always .in my garage. I did have an electric leaf blower to dry as well, but went back to towel drying.

#11 ·
The mindset I preach is, "The less you touch the paint, the less chance you have to damage the paint."

With that mindset, I can get this close to my paint and this is what I see:

Again, I don't drive this car everyday and I avoid touching that paint without soap and water first. I blow it dry with the Master Blaster and cover it immediately. Even the way I cover my car is a ritual.

#19 ·
I use a blower every morning to blow off most of the rain or morning due.
I then use my drying towel to finish drying.
I have a separate towel to dry the door and trunk jams.
I use a clean micr fiber towel to drive the wheels.
This happens every day unless it’s raining.
When I wash my car I only use water and only use car soap on the wheels.
After every day long drive my car is hosed off as the products I use on my paint allow the dirt and grime to rinse off.
It also allows me to just rinse off the tree sap when the wife parts her car under a tree.

Expensive but worth the money
I am Super Anal about my cars 😱

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.